Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

View Poll Results: Should Arrow do a Blu-ray SteelBook for Demons 1 and 2 double pack?
Yes 87 79.09%
No 23 20.91%
Voters: 110. This poll is closed

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2012, 02:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think it makes a lot of sense that Arrow don't want to cannibalise the content of the Limited Editions for fear of making them redundant. Combined they are a more expensive purchase. It's a trade off that is bound to leave people conflicted, but at the same time, one that was quite clearly laid out in the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

You just don't get it, do you?

Greetings!
Being constructive > sarcastic emoticons.
Old 19th March 2012, 02:38 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Righty, I've now heard back from Arrow.

As the SteelBook was decided on late in the day, the discs had been authored so they couldn't include a PDF version on the disc. It is also too late for them to include a card with a code for a downloadable PDF at this point as the cases are in production.

Arrow did want to include everything but the cases are just too small (they really are - we're not making it up) to do so and there's nothing they can do about that.

They are looking into ways of making the comic available via other means in the future but it's just a case of watch this space and see if it can happen.
Sargento and jamesy like this.
Old 19th March 2012, 02:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Righty, I've now heard back from Arrow.

As the SteelBook was decided on late in the day, the discs had been authored so they couldn't include a PDF version on the disc. It is also too late for them to include a card with a code for a downloadable PDF at this point as the cases are in production.

Arrow did want to include everything but the cases are just too small (they really are - we're not making it up) to do so and there's nothing they can do about that.

They are looking into ways of making the comic available via other means in the future but it's just a case of watch this space and see if it can happen.
Ah well hopefully we can somehow get a hold of it later on. Thanks for getting back to us so quick
Old 19th March 2012, 02:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Arrow really seem to have gone all out for the release of Demons, I hope they do the same for more releases in the future. Although maybe a few less different versions, things are confusing enough already!
Old 19th March 2012, 03:18 PM
Cult Rookie

"God i can't believe this 80's cult film with a small niche market that not many people will buy has come out and remastered in HD with a steelbook for the fans ...and there's no comic!!! Order cancelled"
Old 19th March 2012, 03:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
No, I don't get what you're getting at...
Try harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Ah well hopefully we can somehow get a hold of it later on. Thanks for getting back to us so quick
There we go!

Greetings!
Old 19th March 2012, 06:05 PM
Ex-member

well i've ordered the Demons 1/2 seperately
so i'll choose my covers
Old 19th March 2012, 10:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Try harder!

There we go!

Greetings!
I still don't know what your getting at and please don't patronize me. I've already explained where I was coming from before and that they were simply suggestions which I and others wanted feedback on.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
You ever think that it's not that the comic isn't too thick to fit in the steelbook, but rather the size of it? With the normal releases, it could be in the slipcase. But no, everyone has to huff and puff and say they're being short-changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'm not sure what wonder of physics springjack achieved when he said he could get a comic to fit inside but it definitely won't. So what should Arrow do? Snip off the top and bottom of the comic so it fits?
That´s not valid.

A blu-ray steelbook has more size space than a blu-ray case.
Don´t forget the bly-ray case has the blue top that steals space.
Zombie Dude likes this.
Old 20th March 2012, 05:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
That´s not valid.

A blu-ray steelbook has more size space than a blu-ray case.
Don´t forget the bly-ray case has the blue top that steals space.
It's totally valid. As I said in a previous post, on the reasonable assumption that the already-printed-before-the-steelbook-was-announced comic has the same dimensions as the Day of the Dead comic then it won't fit in a steelbook. It simply won't. I have tried putting it in my Pulp Fiction, Eureka Masters of Cinema and Drive steelbooks and even though there's slightly more space than an amaray case the comic is still slightly too long. Any photographic proof of your endeavors would interest me but I assure you it can't be done. Of course, we could go down the whole "Well, how do we know the comic will be the same size as the DotD one?" road but it's a reasonable assumption to make

Arrow have come back with a valid reason for the absence of the comic in the steelbook so please can you just deal with it and move on.
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!