Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2012, 03:51 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm really confused, as the limited will only have 2000 printed, will the demons 1&2 steelbook be more common? I really don't get it.
Old 20th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothguy View Post
I'm really confused, as the limited will only have 2000 printed, will the demons 1&2 steelbook be more common? I really don't get it.
I believe the Demons steelbook will be Limited.
Old 20th March 2012, 08:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post

From now on, only unlimited editions... cheaper, without any cardboard, same extras, and with and extra format...
Exactly, I think Arrow have screwed up big time IMO.. these look better than the 'limited editions', which is totally the wrong way round lol

Limited editions should always be better than the unlimited.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:43 PM
Cult Rookie

I just emailed arrow and apparently the steelbook will end up being rarer than the limited as more than 2000 will be printed. So not only has the unlimited got and extra disk, the version with the best case is now somewhere inbetween limited and unlimited which I suppose puts the limited at the bottom of the barrel?
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:48 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

As some of you have had quite strong opinions on the Limited Blu-ray vs. Unlimited Dual Format debate, you may wish to check out this poll as Arrow are now wondering whether they should continue to release Limited versions at all. Please read the opening post (as well as others' comments) before casting your vote.
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:26 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothguy View Post
Do we know how many are being made?
Old 15th April 2012, 03:48 AM
Cult Rookie

well i cant vote now but the fact 80% agreed with me and want limited editions to stay and then arrow ignore it means im done with arrow blurays now - i only collected them for the slipcases and choices of artwork and extra things - releasing them as a double play in a standard case does nothing for me.

oh well it will save me money i guess - just the limited editions (as they say some will still come out like this) and steelbooks for me. unlimited versions just do nothing for me at all.
Old 15th April 2012, 03:55 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingersplash View Post
well i cant vote now but the fact 80% agreed with me and want limited editions to stay and then arrow ignore it means im done with arrow blurays now - i only collected them for the slipcases and choices of artwork and extra things - releasing them as a double play in a standard case does nothing for me.

oh well it will save me money i guess - just the limited editions (as they say some will still come out like this) and steelbooks for me. unlimited versions just do nothing for me at all.
So your "done" with Arrow, but you'll still buy the 'Limited Editions' and 'Steelbooks' when they are released..

so your buying options have not changed really have they.. you said you only bought them for the slipcovers and artwork.. which is what you will still be doing..
Old 15th April 2012, 04:02 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
So your "done" with Arrow, but you'll still buy the 'Limited Editions' and 'Steelbooks' when they are released..

so your buying options have not changed really have they.. you said you only bought them for the slipcovers and artwork.. which is what you will still be doing..
yes but they wont be releasing many like that will they - it will only be a few a year maybe. and going forward some films might be released that i want on bluray and will be plain versions and id prefer limited ones of them.

i was just unhappy because so many wanted them to be kept yet they still ignored it - im sure they could sell 2000 of anything if they wanted to.
Old 15th April 2012, 01:26 PM
Active Cultist

So if Arrow were to release a film on blu-ray that you wanted, but it didn't include a slipcase, you wouldn't buy it?

Like this? Share it using the links below!