Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Titles going OOP (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8247-titles-going-oop.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st March 2012 09:24 AM

Titles going OOP

This just in from Arrow:

Quote:

Sad news people: DAWN OF THE DEAD and MARTIN are both going OOP, out of our control. Once gone they're gone, we can't print any more.

Yes this means we’ve lost the rights.
You can also check what's going OOP (or already is OOP) on this handy page!

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 225425)
This just in from Arrow:

I'd better get a copy of Martin then.....still haven't got a replacement for my dvd-r. :lol:

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st March 2012 09:29 AM

Incidentally, this means that anything containing Dawn of the Dead will go OOP. This includes the Arrow Video Blu-ray and DVD, the ArrowDrome DVD and the ArrowDrome Trilogy of the Dead DVDs.

Demoncrat 21st March 2012 09:34 AM

Arse! Bang goes my desire to eat this week then, own fault really as i shouldve bought this when i had it in front of me in the-shop-with-the-dog.:mmph:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st March 2012 10:03 AM

Who has picked up the UK rights to these two then; Anchor Bay?

Or are they still in 'limbo' between distributors?

In any respect, whoever has/decides to buy the UK rights to these two will have a mighty task on their hands to be able to top Arrow's releases, imo.

Paul@TheOverlook 21st March 2012 10:21 AM

I reckon they've been snapped up by someone else, surely Arrow would have renewed otherwise?

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 225444)
I reckon they've been snapped up by someone else, surely Arrow would have renewed otherwise?

They have. Arrow has posted on facebook saying that some big company has bought out the right. I can only assume Arrow licenced them for a certain time and their rights have expired. Although, the phrase "bought out" seems a little strange.

BAKA 21st March 2012 10:43 AM

I wonder if this 'big company' is able to source a print suitable for a Blu-ray release of Martin? I doubt their package will come anywhere close to Arrow's though.

Paul@TheOverlook 21st March 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 225451)
They have. Arrow has posted on facebook saying that some big company has bought out the right. I can only assume Arrow licenced them for a certain time and their rights have expired. Although, the phrase "bought out" seems a little strange.

That would make sense. Shame, if it's a major these films will be chucked out on featureless discs and sold for peanuts in the supermarkets. They deserve better.

Still, now's the time to buy up a bunch of the Arrow discs and sit on them for a while. They'll become quite valuable, I reckon.

Demoncrat 21st March 2012 10:47 AM

Code Red maybe???;)