Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Should Arrow continue to release Limited Editions? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8250-should-arrow-continue-release-limited-editions.html)

KaiGusto 22nd March 2012 10:14 AM

I voted YES, but I still think the "Limited" versions should include the DVD copy to make them as just good as the 'Unlimited' versions.

Arrow suckered me (joke) into buying all the current slipcover versions of their films, so if they stop it will suck big time. I just think it stinks the Unlimited gets an extra disc.

Sarah@Cult Labs 22nd March 2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 225734)
What's the price difference between limited and unlimited?

Here's my post from slightly higher up the thread:

Quote:

Arrow have also asked me to mention the price factor. Limited Editions would be more expensive due to the added cost producing them. An approximation would be a £5 difference in the RRP of Limited and Unlimited versions.

I'll also add this info to the original post.

Baseball Fury 22nd March 2012 10:20 AM

So (I'm assuming) the Limited would remain at the current price point (circa £18 online retailers) and the Unlimited would sit around the £14 mark?

Paul@TheOverlook 22nd March 2012 10:20 AM

An addition fiver for something that's ultra limited is perfectly acceptable.

Sarah@Cult Labs 22nd March 2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 225739)
So (I'm assuming) the Limited would remain at the current price point (circa £18 online retailers) and the Unlimited would sit around the £14 mark?

I think that's safe to assume, yes.

Tombsy666 22nd March 2012 10:25 AM

Sorry but i'd prefer the unlimited over the limited releases,more interested in the films than the packaging as a whole,not that i'm saying there shouldn't be the ltd releases, however i do agree with sarah on the cost of these and cutting down on them to be able to release more films is the way to go for me, just my opinion though :cool:

Rassilon 22nd March 2012 10:27 AM

I prefer the unlimited. I can live without a poster and sliptray. If the unlimited Blu's have BD and DVD, a booklet and reverseable artwork then I don't see the fuss. There is still mountains of extras compared to other companies.
Its not like were losing out that much. A poster which stays in a tray, 2 reverseable covers, and a sliptray. If it brings down costs I am all in favour. It would never stop me buying from this company. I still think the unlimited has alot going for it in terms of quantity compared to a shameless release (and I love shameless too). I think after a while the slipcases can get tatty and if that goes the box is without proper synobsis on the back.

unlimited all the way for me.

MECHAGODPHILLA 22nd March 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 225744)
I prefer the unlimited. I can live without a poster and sliptray. If the unlimited Blu's have BD and DVD, a booklet and reverseable artwork then I don't see the fuss. There is still mountains of extras compared to other companies.

Was just about to say the same thing.

I'd rather see them all go dual unlimited; with some more "Special Limited (numbered)" ~ like the Battle Royale Box (not just tins).

You could always sell posters seperately; then they could be larger and wouldn't have to be folded.

Baseball Fury 22nd March 2012 10:37 AM

What I would like to see is selected titles getting the Limited status, kind of like the DVD's where you've got films like Martin and the classic era Argento in the slipcase versions, and films like Pervert, Blood Feast and Savage Streets in the standard amaray.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd March 2012 10:46 AM

I say yes. I absolutely love the limited packages, especially the 4-panel artwork that comes with them. I fear i'd be stuck with new art and a piece of original art that I'm not too keen on. And I'm sure i'm not the only person who loves the posters and has them hanging in the homes. So please stick with the Limited Editions Arrow.