Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

View Poll Results: Should Arrow continue to release Limited versions of Arrow Video titles?
Yes 159 79.90%
No 40 20.10%
Voters: 199. This poll is closed

Like Tree87Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:47 AM
Active Cultist

I vote yes, this is what set's Arrow apart from other companies!!

One think I would like to see if they are 5 pound more is maybe for the Limited Edition one's to be numbered!
Baseball Fury and godflesh101 like this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I voted yes because for me the package is more important than the film, e.g I have numerous editions of a lot of the AV titles and only rebought because of the goodies, Dawn & Day of the dead being prime examples
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Im on the fence, I say yes because i like all the gear u get with the films, but also no because I want Arrow to continue so i can live without the gear if it means Arrow continues to bring brilliant films
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:17 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I voted yes because for me the package is more important than the film, e.g I have numerous editions of a lot of the AV titles and only rebought because of the goodies, Dawn & Day of the dead being prime examples
The only thing missing is the slipcase and the poster.

Limited ~ aren't the Special Limited, like the Battle Royale set. I think the option of LIMITED or UNLIMITED is misleading ~ I instantly was going to go LIMITED given those options.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

With the release of The House By The Cemetery, I shall be moving onto the Dual Format Editions. As long as they continue to contain the booklet, and a choice between the original and new artwork, I'm more than satisfied.

I don't care for the posters in all honesty (OCD and creases don't play well). I liked art cards, but Arrow don't seem to have any interest in them anymore. I'm not that keen on the slipcover boxes in all honesty, the novelty has worn off. I've noticed the glue on the window of my copy of The Funhouse seems to have come away a little, which is annoying as I'm very careful with everything I own.

I also much prefer the clear cases, if I'm completely honest. *stares lovingly at Eureka collection*

I would also like to see Steelbook editions for special films. For example when you release The Burning (notice the when, not if? :P) I'd very much want a Steelbook.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:41 AM
Cult Rookie

I really don't see the point of having a dvd in the pack? I get why it's there, but I still I hate all these double/triple play sets. I don't mind with animation movies from the likes of Disney because the kids can get the dvd... But Horror? It's just a waste really.

I voted keep things the way they are. It works well. BTW I already have the dvd of House By The... So I'm not in the need of another copy on dvd anyway
tollickd likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Hmmmm....tricky question. The collector in me likes the special packaging, but due to limite finances I tend not to buy immediately. But from a business perspective, if there was only the unlimited edition available and at a lower price point, I'd probably buy them sooner rather than later.

I guess what I'm saying is that Arrow would probably make more money and quicker if the films were cheaper from day one of release. However, I could also argue that the Limited Editions would probably also sell quicker, due to their limited availability.

I'm really not sure how to vote on this one. Can I ask the audience or phone a friend ?
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I think this may be come a quickly growing thread - and rightfully so, it is an important discussion, I think.

After some posts after me I now feel like my post could be read as a threat, I want to soften that a bit (the true German softie speaking ): I will also buy unlimited editions if the decision is made to stop the limited runs - although it would be regarded as a real pity, as it would look nice to have one of my shelves full with a row of the limiteds, so far I scratch at about half, I think - yes I know there is a picture of your Arrow colletion thread - I dream of posting a Widescreen picture there

One thing I could really do with out are steelbooks and that for several reasons:

- they are heavier and therefor more endangered to be fished out on the shipping way, either by customs or a not so friendly postal person...

- they are more sensible to get damaged in some way and are then not replacable...

- they do not reveal their full beauty if shelved and I have not the room to display them any way different...

OK, maybe lame to some, but absolutely valid for me and my ego tells me that that is what counts!
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:02 PM
Active Cultist

I haven't taken a single poster out of the box. I've done nothing with any art cards. I have read the comic books.

I'd likely lean towards the unlimited for both aesthetic and price reasons.
I do like the look of the Limited versions but prefer the unlimited.
MECHAGODPHILLA likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:05 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

For anyone who has said they're not sure, maybe revisit the thread in a bit and see what people have to say and then cast a vote?

It's open for 10 days so there's no rush...

Like this? Share it using the links below!