Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow continue to release Limited versions of Arrow Video titles?
Yes 159 79.90%
No 40 20.10%
Voters: 199. This poll is closed

Like Tree87Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2012, 11:46 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Firstly, please lower your voice - this is not your local pub.
Secondly, read the post you quote before quoting it.
Thirdly, make sure that you understand the quoted post.

Greetings!
Post was understood perfectly. Saying you might as well buy a BU release over a slipcase-less arrow release is putting incredible impottance to said slipcase.
Did you or did you not say that without the slip and poster you might as well buy the BU release? Hint, yes you did. You said exactly that. You saying it is only part of what makes Arrow stand out is irrelevent to my response, when taking your earlier statement into consideration.

I could be as condescending to you as you are towards people who complain about such "little" things as DNR or bright transfers or whatever other thing you see as a minor fault.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Post was understood perfectly. Saying you might as well buy a BU release over a slipcase-less arrow release is putting incredible impottance to said slipcase.
Did you or did you not say that without the slip and poster you might as well buy the BU release? Hint, yes you did. You said exactly that. You saying it is only part of what makes Arrow stand out is irrelevent to my response, when taking your earlier statement into consideration.

I could be as condescending to you as you are towards people who complain about such "little" things as DNR or bright transfers or whatever other thing you see as a minor fault.
Of course I did say that - in order to exemplify what could happen if BU's and Arrow's releases are on a par with each other in terms of AV quality and special features.

I have a slight feeling that you're (intentionally?) misinterpreting my posts - but that's not my problem.

You still sound a bit too aggressive, and I think you're more interested in attacking me than in constructively criticising my posts.

That's why I quit our 'discussion' at this point.

May I suggest that we go back to the topic now? Thank you very much.

Greetings!
Old 25th March 2012, 12:42 PM
Active Cultist

In this mythical, never before occuring event that tha Arrow and BU releases are the same (COTLD I guess is the closest example) why would someone spend the extra money to import a release based on the simple exclusion of a slipcase? Lack of slipcase and poster is already stated to rrp at significantly less, making the Arrow release even more attractive, no?
Old 25th March 2012, 06:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's hardly "paying extra" to gey a BU copy, you can pick most of them up for about £12 from Amazon marketplace
Old 25th March 2012, 07:56 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
It's hardly "paying extra" to gey a BU copy, you can pick most of them up for about £12 from Amazon marketplace
And all but the newest Arrow releases can be had new from Amazon marketplace for about £8.
Old 25th March 2012, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
And all but the newest Arrow releases can be had new from Amazon marketplace for about £8.
Yes, if you wait for a bit but the idea is these extra packages will be limited now so should be gone way before there's any price drop, in which case they're usually from £13 - £16 on release.
Old 25th March 2012, 08:06 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Yes, if you wait for a bit but the idea is these extra packages will be limited now so should be gone way before there's any price drop, in which case they're usually from £13 - £16 on release.
The point wasn't in reference to any limited but if there is only unlimited. If the rrp is less they'll likely hit the lower prices quicker thus still being better value.
Old 25th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
The point wasn't in reference to any limited but if there is only unlimited. If the rrp is less they'll likely hit the lower prices quicker thus still being better value.
Possibly, although I think sell-through/discount price will be more determined by how quickly it reaches a desired profit level and length of time from release.
Old 25th March 2012, 08:40 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Possibly, although I think sell-through/discount price will be more determined by how quickly it reaches a desired profit level and length of time from release.
Using the first of the unlimited for an example (although obviously not enough to form any kind of pattern.)
HMV has it for 12.99 (but was 11.99 at one time I think)
Cheapest for the BU new on amazon is currently 13.01 shipped.
Old 26th March 2012, 06:53 AM
Active Cultist

I don't think the unlimited release idea is a new one for Arrow! I was looking at the concept art book with my Battle Royale boxset and it show a set called unlimited edition!

Like this? Share it using the links below!