LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Right people, when the poll comes up for Who Dares Wins. I will beat the living daylights out of every single one of you who doesn't vote for the artwork myself and Reaper want! Joking! (kinda)
Here's what happened to the last crap artwork voter.....

Pete, Rik and Hawkmonger like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Damn, I better pick up the remaining Argento Blu-rays that I have yet to get. I don't want some of them with slipcovers and others without.

I hope that future Dual Format releases from Arrow will still contain the informative booklets, it would be disappointing if they didn't.

I think that discontinuing the slipcover packaging with the posters and alternative cover art was a smart move by Arrow. They save and get more money, which means that they can release much more titles. Maybe they might finally getting around to release titles such as Suspiria, Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters, and The Burning.

I can't wait to see what Arrow has in store for us in the near future.
dream demon likes this.
Old 15th April 2012, 03:53 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
If this is an April Fools Day joke, its both late and HORRIBLE!

If this is true ... you have sucessfully ruined the greatest ongoing film series on the world. Sad day, people, sad day!
same here - i only bought them all because of the nice packaging - im a sucker for it, im steelbook crazy.

going forward i will only buy steelbooks and any that they do decide to give the slipcase treatment to. unlimited versions = no sale.

they have basically lost a customer, who just this week spent £100 to get up to date on the limited edition slipcase versions. enjoy my money while you can. when they mentioned making the limited editions to runs of 2000 that made me happy, id buy them all day long, i love knowing i have one of only a few thousand i the world. i guess in a few weeks ill have a complete set then of 20+ in the collection and its over. sad indeed as i just joined this site today
Old 15th April 2012, 08:42 AM
Cult Addict

You sir, are not a fan of cult movies. You are a fan of fancy trimming.

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th April 2012, 12:03 PM
Active Cultist

wow..sometimes i swear arrow listens to me and uses my opinion to make business decisions! thanks for keeping the house by the cemetary limited design! i'll be placing my preorder next week, along with forbidden zone, demons 1&2 and the king of new york.
this seems like a wise move by arrow because at the end of the day it's the films that matter. the slipcases and posters were nice but in these financial times they seem a bit decadent. keep the great films coming arrow!
Old 15th April 2012, 12:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
You sir, are not a fan of cult movies. You are a fan of fancy trimming.
I just like collecting unique things I'm still a fan of some of the films and the others I've yet to watch so who knows? We all start somewhere. And maybe I will grow to love the unlimited versions but as I'm a completionist I'd have to have them all which means more double dips but that's nothing new to me anyway.
Old 15th April 2012, 02:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i couldn't give a crap if a slip case is included or not, i'm more about whether the film is any good and the transfer watchable.
Pete, Vampix, loki666 and 2 others like this.
Old 16th April 2012, 08:30 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
this seems like a wise move by arrow because at the end of the day it's the films that matter. the slipcases and posters were nice but in these financial times they seem a bit decadent. keep the great films coming arrow!
Well said. I imagine that's precisely what Arrow was hoping for as there weren't any complaints when the first 10 Arrow Video DVDs didn't come with slipcases or, in some cases, posters or booklets and 'only' a reversible sleeve with one alternate artwork panel.

Since then, we've been spoiled by the crammed-to-the-rafters Blu-ray releases which look great on a shelf to the point where we've almost forgotten the most important element of any release is the film itself, so long may they continue.
Pete and Baseball Fury like this.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:40 PM
Ex-member

Exclamation

I'm really disappointed that Arrow has decided that the deluxe treatment is no longer going to happen. I fully understand why you've decided this, but I'm still disappointed nonetheless.

I'm one of those film and book collectors, who loves spending a few extra quid on Limited Editions, Special Editions, or releases with extras and goodies not included with the normal, bog-standard versions.

That is one of the reasons I buy Arrow DVD's and Blu-Rays - because you gave us editions of films, that were designed by hardcore fans, for hardcore fans!

If I want bare-bones, no-frills discs, I can buy no end of other releases, from other companies, around the globe. But I don't do that, because I want more.

Films, to me, aren't purely about having the best audio and video on a disc. I want more than just that. I want the booklets, the posters, the exclusive and alternate artwork. I want the behind-the-scenes documentaries, the cast and crew interviews, the trailers, the audio commentaries, etc, on my films.

That is why I buy Arrow releases in the first place, and why I support you with my money.

If I may be so bold, can I ask why Arrow decided to do this, despite the recent Online Poll that was run on the website, stating that 79-80% of people DID want Arrow to keep releasing special editions, limited editions, of Arrow products?

I'll continue to buy your releases, because I love the films you release, but I do hope that you won't forget the very reason your company exists, the whole raison-d'etre on which Arrow and Shameless came into being, and why many of us bought your films and supported you from Day One.

It was because of your special treatment of cult films!
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:55 PM
Active Cultist

I think it was because Arrow said it was too expensive to produce the slip covers and posters/art cards at the price they were charging, so they wanted to know if we would pay more for them and as you said 79-80% said yes but it did not change Arrows mind

Like this? Share it using the links below!