Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:00 PM
Cult Addict

Oh well, thats life ladys and gents.
Win some lose some, me. I kinda like these new Dual Format look's. Transparent amaray case, two nice covers, a booklet. All you need really.
Arrow have spoilet us for long enough with nice extras, but so long as we get quality releases of excelent movies i'm all for this move.
Just make sure to release the occasional special edition, OK. The Battle Royale pack is shatting!
PS. For the record, im close to owning all availabe Blu's anyway. i'm set up for life!
MECHAGODPHILLA likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Arrow could save a little money by using the original artworks used to promote the films over the years rather than wasting one of their two sides with newly commissioned original artwork now that they don't have the posters inside.
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Does this mean that there will never be another slipbox release after 07/05? or will there be the occasional release in slip box format?
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothguy View Post
Does this mean that there will never be another slipbox release after 07/05? or will there be the occasional release in slip box format?
Quote:
In light of all these factors we have regrettably decided to discontinue the Limited Edition windowed slipcases but, crucially, not on all titles (the next being The House by the Cemetery). Some titles will still be released in Limited Edition boxes with four artwork panels.

Forbidden Zone is still Limited. Any news on the unlimited release date?
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothguy View Post
Arrow have said that there will still be certain titles given the Limited Edition treatment
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Sad to hear about the loss of the slipcase but if the House dual edition packaging is anything to go by these are going to look awesome! Excited about getting more titles as well so could be for the better!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Initially, I was going to say that it was a great shame to discontinue this as it was a massive draw - treating films with the respect they deserved, while others gave bare bones treatment.

But having seen the new pricing as result of removal of the VAT exemption, Arrow and other labels are going to need all the support that they can get.

Has anyone seen the prices on HMV online today: £25 for the Plague of Zombies; £22 for Tintin; £28 for Demons steelbook; £18 for Quatermass and the Pit.

The good times are well and truly over
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I believe the Jersey/Guernsey VAT loophole closed on April 1st.

Lots of videogame prices have shot up on Amazon for what I think is the same reason.

£47 for the new Silent Hill. Blimey.

I don't understand why Arrow charge an arm and a leg to buy direct from them.

Surely if they charged less, or even the same as the big boy retailers they'd get more business? To use Eureka as an example, they sell their titles for either the same or a couple of quid less than Amazon, you get next day delivery and postage is free.

100% of the money goes to Eureka and I'm happy to support them this way. If Arrow were even slightly competitive (bundle deals excluded) then I'd much rather shop direct!
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:06 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post

Surely if they charged less, or even the same as the big boy retailers they'd get more business? To use Eureka as an example, they sell their titles for either the same or a couple of quid less than Amazon, you get next day delivery and postage is free.

100% of the money goes to Eureka and I'm happy to support them this way. If Arrow were even slightly competitive (bundle deals excluded) then I'd much rather shop direct!
I haven't bought a Eureka title from amazon for quite a while. Eureka have great prices and great customer service.
Old 3rd April 2012, 05:08 PM
Cult Rookie

The window slipcases were great and look fantastic on my shelf, so I'm a little upset at the decision. I can totally understand why they've had to do it though.

Hopefully, Arrow might start releasing a lot more steelbooks, a bit like the Master of Cinema series.

Like this? Share it using the links below!