All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2012, 11:17 AM
Ex-member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
I think it was because Arrow said it was too expensive to produce the slip covers and posters/art cards at the price they were charging, so they wanted to know if we would pay more for them and as you said 79-80% said yes but it did not change Arrows mind
I understand that, but then why run a Poll asking for people's responses; get a response that says 79-80% of people WANT the limited/special editions to continue, and then just appear to totally ignore the response?

If it's expensive, produce less of them. Rather than release 10 special edition titles in a year, do five instead. Or do two. Hell, just do one. But don't ask what the public wants, and then ignore the response. That's what I'd expect from a politician, not from a fan-friendly and fan-obssessed company like Arrow, who came into existance to produce great versions of cult films, for us Brits. Arrow is the Brit-equivalent of Anchor Bay or Blue Underground.
Old 11th May 2012, 11:25 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrow will still be releasing certain future titles as Limited Editions with the slipcases and posters. Just not everythng will get this treatment now.
Old 21st May 2012, 11:28 AM
Cult Rookie

any news on any getting the slipcase treatment beyond the ones just released?

and will they be panel slipcases or these naff standard slipcases with demons, making reversible artwork absolutely pointless?

you cant believe how miffed i am at these demons releases.
Old 21st May 2012, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I've come to love the Arrow presentations, but I'd like Arrow to be able to release more and if that means reduce the amount of time and resources spent on those limited releases, so be it. There are plenty of titles out there that should fall under the criteria of either Arrow or Shameless that I'd like to see released.

I second a previous poster that if Zombie Flesh Eaters gets a release, it should be the release to end all releases. A "Battle Royale" style release would be very welcome
Old 21st May 2012, 04:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I like the special editions,i like special features,i like great picture and great
sound to match. I do not like the funhouse nor do i like maniac cop. Both
crap in my opinion and sorry i bought them. Everything else by arrow gets the thumbs up. At the end of the day,all i want from arrow are great movies,uncut where possible,and featuring top notch picture and sound. And extra features are most welcome. Not too bothered with the king of new york bluray either as i already own the steelbook dvd version. I don't double dip on
non horror movies.
Old 20th November 2012, 05:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Any chance of having three covers rather than two? That is, two picture covers on the inside rather than repeating the backpanel on the non-slipcased boxes.
Old 16th March 2013, 03:31 PM
Cultist

So if we order older releases like Maniac Cop or Tenebrae from Amazon or the like these days they won't come in slipcase packaging - is that correct?

Amazon in particular then should change the images they are presenting on their site..........
Old 16th March 2013, 05:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Black View Post
Any chance of having three covers rather than two? That is, two picture covers on the inside rather than repeating the backpanel on the non-slipcased boxes.
Great idea!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th March 2013, 05:42 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Great idea!
Not really. I'd prefer the back panel with all the info. Otherwise, if you displayed the inside with the 2 artwork panels, it would just look like a slipbox version...without the box. Not very attractive looking if you ask me.
Slippery Jack and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 17th March 2013, 05:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not really. I'd prefer the back panel with all the info. Otherwise, if you displayed the inside with the 2 artwork panels, it would just look like a slipbox version...without the box. Not very attractive looking if you ask me.
Agreed.

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

Like this? Share it using the links below!