Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow to discontinue slipcased Limited Editions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8328-arrow-discontinue-slipcased-limited-editions.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 08:48 AM

Arrow to discontinue slipcased Limited Editions

From Arrow this morning:

Quote:

Thank you for taking part in the Cult Labs poll, posting on Facebook, Twitter and all your comments regarding the Limited Editions.

We have assessed all these results and comments as well as looking at pre-orders on all our current titles and crunching those all important numbers.

In light of all these factors we have regrettably decided to discontinue the Limited Edition windowed slipcases but, crucially, not on all titles (the next being The House by the Cemetery). Some titles will still be released in Limited Edition boxes with four artwork panels.

This will give us greater ability to make more special editions in the future along the lines of the Demons 1 & 2 SteelBook and the Battle Royale Limited Edition numbered set. This will also mean that the cost saving will allow us to reinvest in Arrow Video, meaning more cult film titles every month from 2013 onwards, though we hope we can expand sooner!
In light of this King of New York will be released without a Slipbox and will be Dual Format to keep consistency across the range going forward. I will post revised specs and packshots for this title in the Spring 2012 Preview Thread a bit later today. Please note, the King of New York SteelBook will also still go ahead and will be Dual Format. You'll be able to chat about this on the Spring Preview Thread for now.

The important things to note here are that Arrow will be able to release even more titles due to the lower production costs since Unlimited Editions do not feature posters or slipcases and only have 2 artwork panels. You'll see more new titles from Arrow each month as a direct result of this!

This will also be reflected in a lower RRP of £19.99.

It will also enable Arrow to avoid situations where they are effectively having to repeat the same artwork over 4 panels (such as The Exterminator) when varied artwork is difficult or nigh on impossible to source.

And key titles such as House By The Cemetery will still get Limited Edition releases so for many titles there will be a choice of which version to purchase.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in this thread as I will be able to pass them on to Arrow on your behalf.

PaulD 3rd April 2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 228363)
And key titles such as House By The Cemetery will still get Limited Edition releases so for many titles there will be a choice of which version to purchase.

I hope by 'key titles' they mean forthcoming releases by director's they've already released a few films by. If they release more Romero, Fulci or Argento films I'd like to see them get a Limited Edition release for consistency but for releases like Red Scorpion, the Exterminator etc it doesn't bother me at all.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 08:56 AM

Very sad news. although I see that select titles will still be limited editions. Is there any way of finding out if Who Dares Wins will still get the Limited treatment? This is one title where I really want 4 artwork panels, as I'm afraid we won't get the one I (and perhaps some other people) want, if there is just a main artwork and one reverse.

MECHAGODPHILLA 3rd April 2012 09:03 AM

Great news! :-)

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 228366)
Is there any way of finding out if Who Dares Wins will still get the Limited treatment?

I can try to find out. I'll pass the question on to Arrow along with any others that crop up!

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 228372)
I can try to find out. I'll pass the question on to Arrow along with any others that crop up!

Thanks Sarah.

fuzzymctiger 3rd April 2012 09:04 AM

Please tell me Forbidden Zone will still have the slipcase!:pray:

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 228374)
Please tell me Forbidden Zone will still have the slipcase!:pray:

I'll ask.

Rassilon 3rd April 2012 09:16 AM

Will the slipcases with dvds stop altogether now also. Vamp was the last dvd title I got with a slipcase. Will there be less dvd releases if the film is coming out on dual format? Will Arrow continue to realease dvd only titles and arrowdrome only titles, as well as arrowdromes that were once blu.

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd April 2012 09:18 AM

Just checked my emails and Arrow had already posted a reply to questions posted so far. I think they were just checking the thread at the time though. Normally it'll take a few days to get replies as I email off questions in one go!

Forbidden Zone will still be a 4-panelled slipcase edition with 3 posters supplied by Richard Elfman.

Unfortunately Wild Geese and Who Dares Wins will only be available with 2 artwork panels each as Arrow are struggling to find good enough artwork for 4 panels. They plan to run polls for which artwork to include with these two.