Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2012, 06:42 AM
Cult Master

Default Is my B/W opening version worth £££lots now?

So, what's "the word on the street" for those mugs amongst us who still have copies with the B/W opening sequence, instead of the sepia one?

Are we sitting on a goldmine, or are we just taking up space on the shelves, where something else could go?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th December 2012, 07:18 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Since those who got the corrected version through Arrow were told to just keep the original disc as well I can't imagine its very rare or worth anything I'm afraid Suzi.
Old 15th December 2012, 10:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Why would it be worth anything? No-one wants a version of The Beyond with the B&W opening instead of the sepia-tinted one.If it had the full colour opening that might be different.
Old 15th December 2012, 10:18 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Why would it be worth anything?
Um...because it's no longer available, thus making it a collectors item???

Question - Why would anyone want the version of 'Casablanca' in colour, and with a happy ending?

Answer - because it's no longer easily acceptable!

Mr Pix - I take it you are not a fan of 'The Beyond', because surely a true fan would want as many different versions as they could get!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th December 2012, 12:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Um...because it's no longer available, thus making it a collectors item???

Question - Why would anyone want the version of 'Casablanca' in colour, and with a happy ending?

Answer - because it's no longer easily acceptable!

Mr Pix - I take it you are not a fan of 'The Beyond', because surely a true fan would want as many different versions as they could get!
I like The Beyond, I'm not a huge fan of it though.As for having as many different versions as you can get, I thought the B&W version was simply a mistake.I wouldn't mind having a version of the film with the colour opening scenes (I think this was how the film was originally released in Germany).But the B&W opening? Nah, you can keep it.Unless the film has had an official theatrical/video release somewhere in the world with the B&W opening scenes in place.
Old 15th December 2012, 12:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Suzi was right to ask the question though and collectors have sought out discs for plenty of silly reasons - I'm thinking of an early pressing of the Roan DVD of City of the Dead which featured a short minute and a half easter egg of Christopher Lee speaking ill of Forry Ackerman, evidently Lee was speaking without his knowledge that the camera was rolling... even sillier was MGM's DVD of Swamp Thing which was quickly withdrawn after someone noticed the PG-rated DVD contained a bare-breasted Adrienne Barbeau... As for The Beyond, who knows ? People buy mispressed vinyl all the time...
Old 15th December 2012, 01:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think the release is still far too recent to be worth anything yet. But a couple of years down the line, who knows? People buy things for all kinds of reasons.
Old 15th December 2012, 01:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I like The Beyond, I'm not a huge fan of it though.As for having as many different versions as you can get, I thought the B&W version was simply a mistake.I wouldn't mind having a version of the film with the colour opening scenes (I think this was how the film was originally released in Germany).But the B&W opening? Nah, you can keep it.Unless the film has had an official theatrical/video release somewhere in the world with the B&W opening scenes in place.
The Anchor Bay tin has that.

Which I happen to have 2 copies of. [/smug]
Old 15th December 2012, 01:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It'll probably be worth something in a few years, I've got a few vinyls that are mispressings that are worth a few bob or two. But there's one I'm always on the lookout for which is considered the Holy Grail and that is a brown vinyl of Iron Maiden's Twilight Zone 7", which I believe there are only 6 copies of, some kind of mix up when pressing the red vinyl, last one I heard of went for $5200 on ebay!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th May 2013, 11:46 AM
Cultist

Hmmm I got ripped off with the crap B&W opening version as well, I doubt I could give it away And it appears to be cut as well since my Italian copy is longer.

Like this? Share it using the links below!