Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2012, 11:26 AM
Ex-member

Question WANTED: Demons 3 (Parts 1 & 2) Comics!

I'm new here, so my apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums, or breaches forum rules. (Absolutely not my intention!)

May I politely put in a request, to buy anyone else's unwanted DEMONS 3 (Parts 1 & 2) comics please?

As I'll be getting the Steelbook edition, I think I am right in saying that these aren't included in it going by the long thread discussions elsewhere in the DEMONS part of the forum. Therefore, if anyone wishes to sell me theirs, or if Arrow themselves have one copy of each comic they'd be willing to let me buy from them (or donate a fiver to charity for, on their behalf, if they'd prefer), then let me know.

Willing to pay upto £2-50 per comic, inclusive of postage to my address here in the UK. Thanks everyone.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:03 AM
Ex-member

Question

I've had 70 people look at this, and no responses.

Anyone willing to sell me theirs?

If not, if Arrow would be willing to donate to me one copy of each comic, I could then send you £5 to donate to a charity of your choice?

Please....?

ADDENDUM: Actually, that's a cool idea...

Arrow: would you be willing to let anyone who's purchased the DEMONS Steelbook (as long as they send you Proof Of Purchase) to receive one copy of each of the DEMONS 3 comics, in exchange for a fiver from each of us, with all funds going to a charity of your choice? You'd be helping out the fans who have purchased this set, and doing a good deed as well.
antmumford likes this.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I doubt, if you will have luck this way, as you probably find more the collector kind of people here, who rather get the single releases to have the comics as well - I may be wrong, but I speak for myself here, sorry...

And on the other hand, don't you think it is a bit early to expect answers before the sets are even released? Maybe some peope do not like the comics when they see them and the answers may pop in here Good luck!
Old 24th April 2012, 01:08 PM
Active Cultist

yeah sure, maybe you would like the cardboard sleeves too? i'll send em right over. i like having half complete special editions. sorry i'm just teasing you but i doubt you will find what you're after.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Arrow should do this for everyone who´s buying the steelbook.

If in the past there was exchange programs for wrong copies... then Arrow should do a comic selling program for those who present valid proof pf purchase of the steelbook.
Old 25th April 2012, 09:38 AM
Ex-Member

Arrow did originally sell the boxes of the argento set. The comics if they do sell them, I think will be higher than 2.50. I can't imagine anyone who buys the films, be willing to sell there copies. If its a casual buyer, they'd probs buy a cheaper version of demons on a different label.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:14 AM
Ex-member

Smile

I know that my request is unlikely to get fulfilled, but at least it was worth a try, and you don't get if you don't ask. I know 99.9% of people buying DEMONS or DEMONS 2 will want to keep the comics, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

As for the comics costing more than £2-50 each, that may well be the case, but I was making an educated guess as to the cost, pricing them against what an average US comic costs these days (about £2-30, for 32-pages).

If Arrow wish to suggest an alternative price, that we can all agree on, and that isn't overly high, then I'll go along with that. Ultimately, however, I'm simply offering-up a suggestion and possible solution, for those of us who want the Steelbook version, but who also would dearly love to get hold of the comics also, without having to buy more DVD/Blu-Ray releases of the same film.

Clearly there's a demand for the comics, as demonstrated in the various DEMONS threads in the Arrow/Cult-Labs forums. Some of you may be happy to buy the Steelbook and do without the comics, and some of you may be happy to buy the Steelbook and then buy an additional release of either the DVD or Blu-Ray version of each, in order to get the comics.

As the comic books can't be included in the Steelbook, I thought "Well, here's a way that Arrow can please the fans, and do a good deed for charity too, at the same time".

So, Arrow, how about it? Would you consider it, if nothing more, please? Thanks.
Stef Hutchinson likes this.
Old 25th April 2012, 05:19 PM
Cultist in Training

I hope they do figure something out, myself. After all, I write BECAUSE I want people to read my stories, so it's a shame that they're not gonna be with all versions.
JonD likes this.
Old 30th April 2012, 09:00 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Demons 3 interview with Stef Hutchinson

Dear all,

if you're interested, I've just interview Stef Hutchinson for the Electric Sheep Magazine podcast...
Go to: panelborders (dot) wordpress( dot) com

Alex
Old 30th April 2012, 11:14 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm not sure if folks would part with their comics for the $2.50 price per comic. Considering the fact that by selling their comic, they'd essentially be rendering their complete individual sets incomplete, they might A) not sell at all, B) sell, but at a much higher price than your offer considering the loss of comic = the loss of the full collectors item.

Good luck on your journey though.

Maybe Arrow should offer these items as individual sells.

Hmm?

I'll start a thread...
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!