Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Who Dares Wins - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8555-who-dares-wins-official-announcement.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th May 2012 06:57 PM

At this rate you'll get it in your Crimbo pressies mate!:happy:

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th July 2012 08:21 AM

This just in from Arrow re: the delay to Who Dares Wins (and Wild Geese).

Quote:

WHO DARES WINS is delayed due to BBFC complications with THE COMMANDER – it will have to be cut due to the presence of cockfighting, the circumstances of the shooting of the film indicate that unlike other films where violence was incidental this appears staged. We, nor the producers cannot prove this is not the case and so must action some cuts to the film. Additional delays have been caused as we ensure we get the best masters available so we can present the longest versions available, cuts aside obviously, in widescreen. As soon as we can advise on a revised release date we will. We apologise for the continued delays to these releases but the Lewis Collins films have been quite problematic.

Hawkmonger 18th July 2012 08:39 AM

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
I swear to the good lord above! Well, not so bad really, I already have a pre-order in so my moeny's not going any where.

chainsawtothehead 18th July 2012 10:13 AM

That's usual practice with the BBFC: Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid and a Miami Vice (TV) episode were both cut for cockfighting scenes.

I pre-ordered this a while ago anyway! Well done Arrow :cool:

Haven't seen WDW for ages - and I actually remember the storming of the embassy being shown on the news! :eek:

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th July 2012 12:33 PM

I'm sick of this. Showing a cock fight is showing a cock fight. No matter if it was staged for the film. More BBFC bullshit.

Pete 18th July 2012 01:41 PM

Stupid BBFC! The uncut version has been on Movies For Men loads of times.

Personally I don't think it was staged by the filmmakers.

Hawkmonger 18th July 2012 02:37 PM

The BBFC can suck a drain pipe as far as i'm concerned. They didn't cut the cockfight from Love Goddess of the Cannibals did they?:crazy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th July 2012 03:22 PM

Exactly. If it was staged by them and filmed, or they just filmed a cockfight that was happening anyway, both have been put on film for entertaintment and both can be considered cruelty (or not). This is the arguement I would use. I'd fight the decision. I know some people will say it's just a cockfight, but a cut is still a cut

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th July 2012 06:12 PM

I've plenty cock's fighting in pubs over the years and the only cuts were to faces!:lol:

****ing BBFC!:crazy:

So what's the ETA now Sarah?

I've told the wife I want these films on my Crimbo list....;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th July 2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 258478)
I've plenty cock's fighting in pubs over the years and the only cuts were to faces!:lol:

****ing BBFC!:crazy:

So what's the ETA now Sarah?

I've told the wife I want these films on my Crimbo list....;)

I think they should drop the bonus films from these releases and put them out separately. Make Pete happy with a cover for The Commander. :)