Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2012, 09:02 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default The Wild Geese - Official Announcement

The Wild Geese (Arrow Video)

One Last Pay Day... One More Chance To Die!

Legendary hell-raisers Richard Burton and Richard Harris, along with a coolly detached Roger Moore are aging mercenaries with a taste for fine liquor, drawn together for a late but extremely lucrative pay day in The Wild Geese, an African adventure soaked in booze, gunfire and bloodshed.

Colonel Allen Faulkner (Burton) is secretly back in London to accept the task of reinstating an African leader deposed in a violent military coup, but without the combat skills of his two old friends, there isn’t going to be a mission. With his two reliable loose cannons in place, Faulkner and the team enact a text book rescue operation but disaster is close at hand when the cynical multinational who set up the whole deal turns the tables, striking a new deal with the local despot which sees The Wild Geese trying to escape with their lives intact.

The Wild Geese are ready for one last mission so finish your drinks and relive this classic old school British action adventure today.

Special Features:
- High Definition Presentation of the main feature
- Audio commentary with Roger Moore, producer Euan Lloyd and second unit director John Glen
- World Premiere Newsreel Footage
- Original Trailer
- Bonus Feature Film: CODE NAME: WILD GEESE, starring Lewis Collins, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine and Klaus Kinski, directed by Antonio Margheriti aka Anthony M. Dawson
- Reversible sleeve with original poster and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the both films by Ali Catterall, co-author of your Face Here: British Cult Movies Since the Sixties and writer James Blackford as well as a biography of producer Euan Lloyd, illustrated with original artwork.

Blu-ray only
Region B
Release date: 02/07/2012

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 24th May 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 27th April 2012, 04:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

is codename wildgeese uncut and in HD or SD?
Old 27th April 2012, 05:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice extra feature!

I can sell my German disc now!

I LOVE this film,one of my all time faves!

Let's hope Hardy Kruger's on the reverse eh?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This and Who Dares Wins still on schedule Sarah/Kyle?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
is codename wildgeese uncut and in HD or SD?
Anybody?
Old 9th May 2012, 09:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's not cut here. It's The Commander which was, and will remain, cut if rereleased.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
It's not cut here. It's The Commander which was, and will remain, cut if rereleased.
Interesting,

I've only ever seen it once, years ago and it seemed very jumpy as though it was edited but I don't remember where i saw it or what format it was on.

Is this the one where a priest gets crucified in a church or something as its about all I can remember, is the film very violent or bloodthirsty anyway?

Is there any connection to the earlier Wild Geese film?

I've never seen The Commander either
Old 9th May 2012, 09:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've owned all three of the loosely connected Margheriti/Collins films but never watched them! Codename: Wildgeese, Commando Leopard and the Commander. None of them are connected to the McLaglen film or its sequel. Don't think any of them are particularly violent though The Commander is problematic because it features a cockfight.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

CODE NAME: WILD GEESE is the best of the three, with THE COMMANDER just behind. COMMANDO LEOPARD is crap.

With regards to the cockfight, LOVE GODDESS OF THE CANNIBALS was passed uncut because the cockfight was going to happen anyway and, though I haven't seen it for ages, I think that'll be the case with THE COMMANDER.

The German release of CN:WG, which I assume Arrow will be using the same master as, is apparently shorter than the UK tape which was released back in the 80's. I've not seen the tape version so can't comment if that's true or not.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 24th May 2012, 09:09 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Special features have been updated in the original post:

Quote:
- High Definition Presentation of the main feature
- Audio commentary with Roger Moore, producer Euan Lloyd and second unit director John Glen
- World Premiere Newsreel Footage
- Original Trailer
- Bonus Feature Film: CODE NAME: WILD GEESE, starring Lewis Collins, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine and Klaus Kinski, directed by Antonio Margheriti aka Anthony M. Dawson
- Reversible sleeve with original poster and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the both films by Ali Catterall, co-author of your Face Here: British Cult Movies Since the Sixties and writer James Blackford as well as a biography of producer Euan Lloyd, illustrated with original artwork.
dream demon likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!