LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2012, 09:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Sorry Stephen don't read this the wrong way but how is it then that you're angry at HMV? It's left their hands and now only Royal Mail are to blame for your item not arriving, surely
Because I choose to be.
Old 7th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Sorry Stephen don't read this the wrong way but how is it then that you're angry at HMV? It's left their hands and now only Royal Mail are to blame for your item not arriving, surely
Hmmm. I am always dubious when these companies say despatched. I think it just means payment cleared and with their despatch unit for packing n posting... and they email u so u cant cancel. I too have had the same issue as stephen. I can tell u summat, its not Royal Mail to blame ... they have targets to clear mail centres on a daily basis and do clear on a daily basis ... as do local delivery offices.

Mojo likes this.
Old 7th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Because I choose to be.
Oh Stephen, that's so utterly illogical. That's like not buying the bluray of a film you like because you don't like the artwork...oh...

Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 7th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Apparently HMV are in the process of moving, so their deliveries have been kind of whack lately. Fingers crossed it'll be business as usual again soon!
Yeah, the Guernsey distribution centre closed up at the end of July, so nothing is sent from here now, everything is sent from within mainland UK, which in reality, means orders should arrive sooner...
Old 7th August 2012, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Mine turned up today, Combat Shock hasn't even been sent yet!
I got my copy of Combat Shock on Saturday.It's a great package, as you'd expect.I didn't buy Nuke 'Em High or Surf Nazis, they don't interest me too much tbh.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I got my copy of Combat Shock on Saturday.It's a great package, as you'd expect.I didn't buy Nuke 'Em High or Surf Nazis, they don't interest me too much tbh.
Class of Nuke 'Em High is possibly my favourite Troma flick, I've watched it countless times. Surf Nazis though.... don't blame ya. I bought it purely in the hope that we see some more Troma released by Arrow.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Class of Nuke 'Em High is possibly my favourite Troma flick, I've watched it countless times. Surf Nazis though.... don't blame ya. I bought it purely in the hope that we see some more Troma released by Arrow.
I might get Nuke 'Em High if I see it going cheap enough, maybe in an Arrow sale or something.
Old 8th August 2012, 03:27 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Oh Stephen, that's so utterly illogical. That's like not buying the bluray of a film you like because you don't like the artwork...oh...

To quote Star Trek IV.....whoever said the human race was logical?
PaulD likes this.
Old 8th August 2012, 08:00 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Apparently HMV are in the process of moving, so their deliveries have been kind of whack lately. Fingers crossed it'll be business as usual again soon!
That would explain why Class of Nuke 'em High and Surf Nazis Must Die arrived in the usual HMV cardboard boxes with a sticker containing the order details on the shrinkwrap whilst something which arrived yesterday (I forget what) was packaged in a large padded envelope (with a Birmingham return address) and without a sticker on the item.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran

All HMV post has been collected by TNT from their warehouses and then processed into the Royal Mail system during the move from the CI to the UK, which is adding on average an extra 2 days on to all deliveries - most of my pre-orders I put in for the 20% off deal they had recently have all come on Wednesday after release day which is highly annoying!

Hopefully when it's all settled down it'll either be back to normal or better than before since 'technically' they wont be imported.

Like this? Share it using the links below!