Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Combat Shock - - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8558-combat-shock-official-announcement.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 09:04 AM

Combat Shock - - Official Announcement

Combat Shock (Arrow Video)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...DVDFront2D.jpg

FROM JUNGLE HELL TO URBAN HATE

‘Nam, a green jungle hell. A terrifying place of death, violence and bloody war where seeing your buddies die in front of you is a daily event and getting your seed corrupted by Agent Orange is an occupational hazard. Poor Ricky came home with a messed up head and scrambled DNA, now he has a mutated baby, a nagging wife and a grim collection of junkie friends to deal with. In the dilapidated tenements of Staten Island, life is harsh and sanity is transitory at best.

Combat Shock is Troma’s meanest, grittiest movie. A headfirst trip into the seedy urban trough where hookers, desperate junkies and slowly unravelling Vietnam vets crawl over each other just to survive as the movie jacks up the grime flecked horror on its journey to one of no budget cinema’s most shocking conclusions.

You’ve witnessed the Surf Nazis on the rampage, you’ve laughed at the kids of the Class of Nuke ‘Em High... Now take a trip into Troma’s dark heart in COMBAT SHOCK.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Reversible sleeve with original poster and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphries
- Collector’s Booklet by horror expert Anthony Timpone
- Two disc DVD edition featuring both cuts of the film
DISC 1 FEATURES:
- Feature Presentation of American Nightmares, director Buddy Giovinazzo’s Original Cut
- Feature Presentation of Combat Shock, the Troma theatrical cut of the film
- Audio Commentary with writer-director Buddy Giovinazzo and Jorg Buttgereit (Nekromantik)
DISC 2 FEATURES:
- Post-Traumatic: An American Nightmare – A documentary on the film’s impact and influence featuring William Lustig (Maniac Cop), John McNaughton (Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer), Scott Spiegel (Evil Dead 2), Richard Stanley (Hardware), Roy Frumkes (Street Trash) and more!
- Buddy’s Early Works: Five short films directed by Giovinazzo and three music videos from the Giovinazzo brothers’ band
- Interview with director Buddy Giovinazzo
- Unscarred: Interview with star Rick Giovinazzo
- Buddy Giovinazzo and Jorg Buttgereit at the Berlin Film Festival
- Der Combat: Buddy Giovinazzo and Troma President Lloyd Kaufman at the Tromanale in Berlin
- Hellscapes: The Locations of the film revisited
- Original Theatrical Trailer

2xDVD only
Region 2
Release date: 06/08/2012

sawyer6 27th April 2012 10:30 AM

Yeeees I wanted that !!!

gag 27th April 2012 10:33 AM

Fantastic news havent got this film yet but seen it years ago and thought it was a fantastic film ....

buggenhagen 27th April 2012 10:39 AM

Nice to see this get a UK release, it's a cracking wee movie. I've already got the US edition so won't be picking it up but I'd certainly recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Demoncrat 27th April 2012 11:13 AM

That's more like it, don't see point in releasing any other Troma films myself though......

Susan Foreman 27th April 2012 11:15 AM

This is supposed to be quite a nasty film!

Vampix 27th April 2012 11:19 AM

I've always wanted to see Combat Shock, I'll definitely be picking up Arrow's edition.

Demoncrat 27th April 2012 11:24 AM

Grim rather than nasty, think Don't Go In The House in place of Taxi Driver in tone imo. Can't wait!!!:dance:

Hawkmonger 27th April 2012 04:12 PM

Must buy. What's the BBFC's stance on this?

Baseball Fury 27th April 2012 08:01 PM

This one is bloody depressing. Maybe I'll watch this then watch Apocalypse Now to cheer myself up. Grim, grim film.