Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2012, 08:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It´s always the same thing with Arrow...

Whenever there´s a constructive argument, Arrow ditches the discussion with the ever "Arrow have made their decision".
Old 8th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
It´s always the same thing with Arrow...

Whenever there´s a constructive argument, Arrow ditches the discussion with the ever "Arrow have made their decision".
I'm not Arrow and nor do I pretend to be, but feel free to continue arguing; it seems to be what you're best at.

At the end of the day, Arrow are a business. They've decided to release products to try and please their fans, but oddly enough at the same time make some money in the process. I'm guessing that they thought a BD/DVD combo steelbook of Lady Snowblood wasn't worth the extra cost vs. the potential return in sales. The majority of people buying a blu-ray, will surprisingly enough, own a blu-ray player, and in the event of people needing a DVD as well, they've catered for that with the unlimited edition.

I guess they didn't take into account that huge market sector that is: 'people who have a Blu-ray player, who like steelbook packaging, but want to lend a DVD copy to their brothers who also live with them'
Old 8th July 2012, 11:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not Arrow and nor do I pretend to be, but feel free to continue arguing; it seems to be what you're best at.
Quote:
I guess they didn't take into account that huge market sector that is: 'people who have a Blu-ray player, who like steelbook packaging, but want to lend a DVD copy to their brothers who also live with them'
And arrogance is the main dish here...

And don´t justify the company´s decisions with my quotes just like you know me from somewhere!

Feel free to agree when I say it´s better to just read this forum than to participate in it... over and out!
Old 9th July 2012, 02:18 AM
Cult Rookie

When can we expect to see the final artwork for the Unlimited Edition of this?
Old 9th July 2012, 05:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

At the end of the day, Arrow are a business. They've decided to release products to try and please their fans, but oddly enough at the same time make some money in the process. I'm guessing that they thought a BD/DVD combo steelbook of Lady Snowblood wasn't worth the extra cost vs. the potential return in sales. The majority of people buying a blu-ray, will surprisingly enough, own a blu-ray player, and in the event of people needing a DVD as well, they've catered for that with the unlimited edition.

I have to say, I'll always get the limited or steelbooks, but sometime I wish I had the DVD so I could take it to friends.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th July 2012, 07:05 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
And arrogance is the main dish here...

And don´t justify the company´s decisions with my quotes just like you know me from somewhere!

Feel free to agree when I say it´s better to just read this forum than to participate in it... over and out!
The only information I have about you, is from what you post on here.

You may read arrogance, but it is mainly a bewilderment and frustration directed at someone who posts almost exclusively to complain about Arrow releases, whilst compared to other companies, they are trying to go the extra mile to please their fans and involve them in the development stage of their releases. It seems nowadays that sadly, nothing is good enough anymore.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

You may read arrogance, but it is mainly a bewilderment and frustration directed at someone who posts almost exclusively to complain about Arrow releases, whilst compared to other companies, they are trying to go the extra mile to please their fans and involve them in the development stage of their releases. It seems nowadays that sadly, nothing is good enough anymore.
Sorry but got to agree with Stephen, the only time I see your name pop up is when a product has a problem/fault/change, or when there is an argument

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th July 2012, 06:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Sorry but got to agree with Stephen, the only time I see your name pop up is when a product has a problem/fault/change, or when there is an argument
Then your should read more clearly... is good to point the finger at someone based only on the posts you want to take into account...

Let´s say, if a user has a total of 10 posts, and 6 of them are complaints, then he´s marked as someone who complains.

Never I offended anybody, and all my posts that may be considered "complains" are of a constructive nature...

In the end I may "complain" as much as I may "praise"... I don´t want to be known it the Arrow forums as a guy who "complains" about everything, just to be known in other forums as one of the many users who passes the news of Arrow releases...

I never spoke badly of Arrow, nor will I, but as a buying costumer I´m entitled to my constructive opinion based on my person, just like other do, without any criticism to my part.
Old 10th July 2012, 10:45 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I never spoke badly of Arrow, nor will I, but as a buying costumer I´m entitled to my constructive opinion based on my person, just like other do, without any criticism to my part.
Well, you did call them arrogant which, in my opinion anyway, constitutes speaking badly of Arrow.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but try to think how it will be received when given in such quantities.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 18th July 2012, 11:23 AM
Cultist

Full specs for these were announced (via Facebook & Twitter) earlier...

Lady Snowblood

Lady Snowblood 1+2 [Limited Edition SteelBook]
Hawkmonger likes this.

Last edited by Nagaman; 18th July 2012 at 11:59 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!