Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2012, 12:40 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I've updated the original post with the confirmed specs and artwork (Which I've also posted below).

Additionally, I have this from Arrow:

Quote:
LADY SNOWBLOOD will revert back to a 1 BD / 2 DVD release. The bit rate calculations we ran have actually managed to fit on one BD50, as we have seen with our own releases and others such as Criterion’s SAMURAI TRILOGY this much content on one BD works really well and our tests have borne this out. The presentation of both LADY SNOWBLOOD films will be great and we are happy to say represents a dramatic improvement over the previous release! The SteelBook will be Blu-ray only.
Quote:
A DEMON OF VENGEANCE UNLEASHES A TORRENT OF CRIMSON HELL!

From the original manga by Kasuo Koike (Lone Wolf and Cub) and the main inspiration for Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill, Lady Snowblood is a blood spattered Samurai masterpiece from the golden age of Japanese cult cinema!
Meiko Kaji (Female Prisoner Scorpion / Blind Woman’s Curse) is Yuki, a women raised from birth for one terrible, blood splattered purpose...To murder those who raped her mother and left her to rot in a stinking women’s prison, where she died in childbirth. Trained in deadly fighting arts and fatal sword play, Lady Snowblood is cursed to wander the lands in pursuit of her single purpose. She is a demon of vengeance, only sated by the crimson blood of those who stole her mother from her.

Then, in the exciting sequel – Lady Snowblood: Love Song of Vengeance – Yuki is caught up in the corrupt and murderous world of politics as she is co-opted into spying by the head of the secret police against anarchists and enemies of the status quo. Expect more outrageous revenge and fountains of blood.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of both features
- Newly translated optional English subtitles
- Original Mono Audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Slicing Through the Snow – An exclusive interview with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp
- Original theatrical trailers for both films
- Collector’s booklet ‘The Crimson Kimono’ by critic and author Tom Mes, illustrated with original stills.

- Limited Edition SteelBook™ and Dual Format versions available. Dual Format includes a reversible sleeve featuring original artwork.

Old 18th July 2012, 12:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It was a bit puzzling why the two films would be on separate BDs but on one DVD, so I'm glad that's cleared up and, even though I haven't seen either film, this is shaping up to be one of my most anticipated release of 2012!
Old 18th July 2012, 01:17 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It was a bit puzzling why the two films would be on separate BDs but on one DVD, so I'm glad that's cleared up and, even though I haven't seen either film, this is shaping up to be one of my most anticipated release of 2012!
Same here. Haven't seen the films either so i'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this release.

My apologies to Sarah too, sorry if I caused any offence by posting the links for these earlier, it certainly wasn't my intention to step on your toes, so to speak.
I should have expected that you'd come through with this announcement but wasn't thinking due to excitement getting the better of me!
Old 18th July 2012, 01:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I want to pre-order it so much but what if it looks crap with DNR and other (often) unnesessary manipulations?

Do you think Arrow answer such a question? For me it's important not to support crap releases.
Old 18th July 2012, 02:46 PM
Cult Addict

HOLD! So the Steelbook has reverted back to dual format? If so, then good show. If not, then good show!

DVD and BD collection
Old 18th July 2012, 02:51 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
HOLD! So the Steelbook has reverted back to dual format? If so, then good show. If not, then good show!
The way I read it was the Steely is BD only so I am assuming that means that it's both films + special features on 1 BD...
Old 18th July 2012, 02:53 PM
Cult Addict

Not all that bothered, i'll probably end up buying the steely in September and the dual format in the December sale's!

DVD and BD collection
Old 18th July 2012, 02:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Not all that bothered, i'll probably end up buying the steely in September and the dual format in the December sale's!
Nor me, going to buy both editions too...
Old 18th July 2012, 04:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
I want to pre-order it so much but what if it looks crap with DNR and other (often) unnesessary manipulations?

Do you think Arrow answer such a question? For me it's important not to support crap releases.
It's only been some of the Italian films that have had problems with the trasfers, and even then I wouldn't call them crap releases.
Old 18th July 2012, 05:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It's only been some of the Italian films that have had problems with the trasfers, and even then I wouldn't call them crap releases.
Battle Royale isn't really stunning either.

And you're right, "crap releases" was maybe a little harsh. "£4 releases" is more fair

Like this? Share it using the links below!