Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2012, 03:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lady Snowblood / Lady Snowblood 2 Blu-ray: Shurayukihime, Shura-yuki-hime: Urami Renga (United Kingdom)
Old 22nd September 2012, 04:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I've read about a similar thing with some of the Eureka Japanese titles where the black levels are raised. I know Japan had different black levels for NTSC to the US but have no idea how that would account to HD. Possibly they master taking SD into account and it hasn't been corrected? The general fix if so seems to be to switch to an RGB setting if possible.

The only Japanese film I have on BD is Battle Royale so I haven't seen it for myself.
If you want to see what I mean check out the DVDActive review (I can't post links yet).

The comparison with the US DVD at the bottom is quite telling. Better in very respect except one, but it's quite a major thing.
Old 22nd September 2012, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentasm View Post
If you want to see what I mean check out the DVDActive review (I can't post links yet).

The comparison with the US DVD at the bottom is quite telling. Better in very respect except one, but it's quite a major thing.
The "white wall" filter appears yet again...

UK Blu-Ray
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/revi...d_original.jpg

US DVD

UK Blu-Ray (adjusted RGB levels)
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watching my copy at the moment. Really doesn't seem as bad as the screenshot makes out.
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Watching my copy at the moment. Really doesn't seem as bad as the screenshot makes out.
Bugged the hell out of me. I stuck my player into RGB 0-255 mode (BDs are normally 16-235) and it looked a lot better, so it looks like the wrong levels were used at some point in the chain. Pity really, as other than that they look pretty good.
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:57 PM
Cultist

Does this come with a slipcover ??
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Does this come with a slipcover ??
If you´re talking about the slipcover of the "limited editon" no, because this is a normal edition, or as Arrow likes to put it, it´s an "unlimited edition".

This hole "unlimited edition" can backfire the company in the future. The term "unlimited edition" means there is no limits to it, but eventually the rights for the movie in question will cease.
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
This hole "unlimited edition" can backfire the company in the future. The term "unlimited edition" means there is no limits to it, but eventually the rights for the movie in question will cease.
Backfire on them? It's just the name they've given it. But if people are going to complain about something like a company saying it's unlimited and actually thinking they'll be stocks until the end of time, then that's their problem. But I guess some people just like to moan about every little thing.
Old 23rd September 2012, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Backfire on them? It's just the name they've given it. But if people are going to complain about something like a company saying it's unlimited and actually thinking they'll be stocks until the end of time, then that's their problem. But I guess some people just like to moan about every little thing.
You´re taking the whole post the wrong way... and the natural excuse, when someone misunderstands a post, is that "we like to moan", bla, bla bla...

Be aware that when a company enlist some of their products as "unlimited", that constant "term", when applied, must be registered as a "name", or else it can legally consist as a term of availability of said product. I know justice is blindfolded because one thing is different from another. Sure, no one in their right mind thinks that the availability of said product is gonna be forever, because, nothing last forever, but like I said, justice is blinded by situations.

When I used the term "backfire", was to describe that if some other company were to practice some foul play on Arrow, they have the means if said "term" is not registered.

I don´t know what I´m talking but my brother is a lawyer, and when I showed him some of the Arrow stuff, he started talking about that. But sure, that has many factors to it.

So please, bare in mind that in every Arrow fans, even the most critical, they love the company, and the "moan about every little thing" is misplaced in several ocasions.
Old 24th September 2012, 12:16 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Today's the day! Arrow's Lady Snowblood is out now -

Lady Snowblood / Lady Snowblood 2 Limited Edition SteelBook Blu-Ray 1973: Amazon.co.uk: Meiko Kaji, Toshio Kurosawa, Masaaki Daimon, Toshiya Fujita: Film & TV

Like this? Share it using the links below!