LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2012, 09:45 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Gosh.
Old 24th May 2012, 09:48 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Not to derail this thread any further than it already has but the accusations of misery in Morrissey's songs always strike me as done by people with a less then thorough knowledge of his back catalogue. I honestly think he's written more songs which have an air of humour and wit about them than that of misery and despair.
Old 24th May 2012, 11:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone - and, yes, I've heard literally everything by Morrissey and The Smiths. They just don't appeal to me in the slightest. I'm not saying The Smiths are bad, just that I, myself, don't enjoy their music. Can't all like the same stuff, can we?

And, in case you didn't know, Morrissey and Bruce Campbell are long lost brothers...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moznow.jpg (22.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg burn-notice.jpg (84.6 KB, 2 views)
Pete and PaulD like this.
Old 24th May 2012, 01:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I also do not mean to attack any fan of him, but I just cannot listen to his whining... And whenever he gives an interview, he makes any fool appear a genius (himself excluded )

OK, sorry for the off topic, it is just an urge from having been exposed to that for a bit too much...
Old 24th May 2012, 01:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
I also do not mean to attack any fan of him, but I just cannot listen to his whining... And whenever he gives an interview, he makes any fool appear a genius (himself excluded )
Oh, HE is a tool! Love The Smiths and his lyrics though.
PaulD likes this.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
This is the only thing I hate about the BD format, all the updates with new encryptions/copy protections etc, that makes some players freeze, forcing people to wait for the next firmware, or worse.

This was one part where the HD-DVD format was far superior, as it was completely finished when going through the gates, while BD is still changing and evolving after 6 years on the market.

Though it also comes down to how picky the hardware is, as my Sony BDP-360 haven´t been updated since 2010, and still play everything I throw into it.

Getting a bit worried now though
You think that a format (HD-DVD) was far superior to blu-ray because it was completely finished when it was released???

Well, that only meant that it was obsolete right from the start...

And you are critic regarding Bly-Ray because is in the the market for some years now and it is still changing and evolving???

Better technology means constant upgrading... that was always the case with electronics... Don´t you think you should be very grateful that you have some piece of hadware that finally can be up to date to everydays tech advannces??? Or would you prefer and obsolete format every 5/10 years..

Sure, the future may be purple-ray, but that would or could only mean a bigger storage space.
Old 26th May 2012, 01:48 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ahh, such thoughtful, well-balanced, intelligent and insightful music criticism. You should get a job at the NME
'We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Shit every day.'
This is what the ever stupid Morrissey said after the massacre of innocent people by the murderer/fascist Anders Breivik, which resulted in the killing of 69 people who were attending a Youth Labour Party camp on Utøya Island, and eight people working in and around a government building which was bombed.
He is a walking piece of shit, amongst other things...
Old 26th May 2012, 04:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
'We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Shit every day.'
This is what the ever stupid Morrissey said after the massacre of innocent people by the murderer/fascist Anders Breivik, which resulted in the killing of 69 people who were attending a Youth Labour Party camp on Utøya Island, and eight people working in and around a government building which was bombed.
He is a walking piece of shit, amongst other things...

A stupid remark, absolutely. But that has nothing to do with his music.

You wouldn't quote Lars Von Trier's Cannes Nazi comments in a debate about whether or not he's a good director would you?
Old 26th May 2012, 05:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post

You wouldn't quote Lars Von Trier's Cannes Nazi comments in a debate about whether or not he's a good director would you?
What did he say?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 26th May 2012, 05:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

"What can I say? I understand Hitler, but I think he did some wrong things, yes, absolutely. ... He's not what you would call a good guy, but I understand much about him, and I sympathize with him a little bit. But come on, I'm not for the Second World War, and I'm not against Jews. ... I am of course very much for Jews, no not too much, because Israel is pain in the ass, but still how can I get out of this sentence."

He then professed an admiration of Nazi architecture and said "Ok I am a Nazi"

It was clearly said as a joke, but, y'know...not great really.

Like this? Share it using the links below!