Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2012, 08:34 PM
Cultist in Training

I removed my earlier post as I may have been too quick in my assumption that the disc was faulty. Although already spotlessly clean (I'm really anal about handling my discs), I wiped the disc over and tried it again. It played fine

I should reiterate that the disc was unmarked, so in my defence I automatically assumed it wasn't a finger-print/dust related problem. Perhaps the problem was inside my player?

Anyway, the pus is flowing freely now, and I wanted to amend my earlier posts. Sorry about that.
Old 5th May 2012, 08:37 PM
Cultist in Training

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it does look like there is a problem with the steelbook releases. I sat down to watch 'Demons 2' tonight...

JOKE!!!!
Pete and Make Them Die Slowly like this.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:31 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm still waiting for my steelbook. My only option to view right now is via laptop but I'll still report if there's an issue.
Old 6th May 2012, 08:46 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep35mmAlive View Post
I'm still waiting for my steelbook. My only option to view right now is via laptop but I'll still report if there's an issue.
I don't think there's anything to worry about in all honesty. The fact that this thread existed when my disc froze, automatically made me assume there was a fault with the pressings. Normally I don't jump the gun so quick as I did last night. Hence my similarly quick deletion of my original post (though it was quoted in Stephen's reply, so my deletion was pointless! ) so as not to worry anyone unduly.

On another note, Demons looked absolutely gorgeous on Blu. A credit to the guys at Arrow.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Checked the discs in my Sony BDP-360, Dune HD Max player and through my PC, and they all pass with flying colors
Old 13th May 2012, 10:05 AM
Cultist in Training

OK, finally got round to watching the 2nd disc in the Steel-book release, and I'm afraid that I have to report that there is a problem with the DEMONS 2 disc.

After pressing play, and around the 1 to 88 minute mark, there appears to be, what can only be described in technical terms, as a really sh*t movie!

Sorry, couldn't resist it. But geeze, had I forgotten how much the sequel sucked. As a completist, it's nice to have 1 & 2 together in the steel-book, but I don't think Demons 2 will be visiting my player anytime again soon. My God, that puppet....
Daemonia, Pete, PaulD and 1 others like this.
Old 13th May 2012, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
OK, finally got round to watching the 2nd disc in the Steel-book release, and I'm afraid that I have to report that there is a problem with the DEMONS 2 disc.

After pressing play, and around the 1 to 88 minute mark, there appears to be, what can only be described in technical terms, as a really sh*t movie!

Sorry, couldn't resist it. But geeze, had I forgotten how much the sequel sucked. As a completist, it's nice to have 1 & 2 together in the steel-book, but I don't think Demons 2 will be visiting my player anytime again soon. My God, that puppet....

I actually liked it more than ever seeing the HD remaster. I thought the puppet demon and its sequence was great, an amusing piss-take of the Gremlins flicks.

But then I am one of those lucky people who are not generally distracted by "fake" looking special effects.

Oh, and let us not forget that the music is VASTLY better in the sequel!
dream demon likes this.
Old 13th May 2012, 10:59 AM
Cultist in Training

By no means do I judge a movie on it's sfx, I wouldn't be a fan of 80's horror if I did!
It's just hard to believe that this was made back-to-back with the far superior Demons. What happened to the gore?! Did they blow all the sfx budget on that 'Button Moon' puppet?

And the guy outside the flats should get his own movie, perhaps entitled 'Man Waiting Outside Towerblock'. Followed by a sequel ; 'Man Wanders Up & Down Pavement, Occasionally Checking Watch'. Hell, let's make it a trilogy ; 'Man Waiting Outside Towerblock For Guy To Arrive To Tell HIm He Can't Come In, Only For Guy To Finally Arrive & Immediately Get's Involved In A Minor Car Collision Which Has No Relevance To The Demonic Attacks Taking Place Inside The Towerblock'.

But joking aside, this is just one guy's opinion. And I'm a huge fan of Castellari's 'Last Jaws', so my opinion is probably entirely irrelevant!
Old 13th May 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
I'm a huge fan of Castellari's 'Last Jaws'
I refuse to believe any could not be!
Pete and scribbler like this.
Old 13th May 2012, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I read that Simon Boswell managed to persuade Morrissey to allow them to use a Smith's song by writing him letter claiming that DEMONS 2 'Was an intelligent critique of cultural development and that the kids had been taken over by what they seen on TV'
Daemonia and scribbler like this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!