Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2012, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
"What can I say? I understand Hitler, but I think he did some wrong things, yes, absolutely. ... He's not what you would call a good guy, but I understand much about him, and I sympathize with him a little bit. But come on, I'm not for the Second World War, and I'm not against Jews. ... I am of course very much for Jews, no not too much, because Israel is pain in the ass, but still how can I get out of this sentence."

He then professed an admiration of Nazi architecture and said "Ok I am a Nazi"

It was clearly said as a joke, but, y'know...not great really.
Ah, not cool.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 26th May 2012, 05:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Did he actually got banned because of that? It was just a joke.. a really bad one but still a joke. No harm.
Cannes should apologize to him.
Old 18th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Problems with BluRays of Demons 1 & 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Anyone else having hassles?

I got the Demons/Demons 2 steelbook this morning after paying far more than I usually do for such things.

Neither disk works.

In both cases, the Arrow Video intro (the clips and psychobilly song) play fine upon loading, but then that's it. At 2mins 23secs the disk just sticks, showing a black screen.

I cannot be sure if this is to do with my player (Samsung BD-C5500, up to date) or the disks themselves.
Allthough this thread has been started some time ago, I also wanted to share my personal experience with the BluRay Discs of Demons 1 & 2 for You all here:

I got 2 different BluRay Players here at my Splatter Home:
1) LG BD-560
2) SAMSUNG BD-5100

The Price for both players is not over the Top - i.e. they are home consumer Players and not very expensive. So same challenge for both.

On the LG I got absolutely no Problems with playing the 2 Discs.

But: On the SAMSUNG, which I only bought 2 months ago (the LG is much older!) and on which I updated the F*** Firmware all the time, both Discs do have severe problems with the playback... as already mentioned by others here on the board:

1) First error appears right after the Arrow trailer has been played and the Screen suddenly turns black - and without any Reason both Discs stop playback (so-called: "Hung" of the Discs).

2) After using the tricks with fast forward and pause/play Buttons You succeed "fortunately" to the main menu of Demons Part 1 or Part 2.

3) Then the same shit starts again, after You have entered the "Main Feature" - and You have to do the same again after the intro has been played (tricks with fast forward and Pause/Play button drives us insane)

So what is my Final result and opinion about all this weird Chaos A.D. with Demons ? [ a.k.a. "the Devil inside" ? :-) ]

Here we go:

1) Allthough I highly appreciate the work of ARROW Films very much and love nearly all their releases, I have to put a little criticism here:
All my other discs (about 200 BluRay's and 400 DVD's) of all other labels never had such problems on the Samsung Player. All other BluRays play well. So this issue cannot only be titled and marked as "Samsung is to blame for this". This is not correct. I can only come to the conclusion that the discs have not been tested enough on all players, cause this has to be done before the master is being copied in the factory. Either this is a Mastering Error or an Error in Authoring that has been made before the Discs were mastered. I have been working with factory companies for my own label (different niche) before and so I know what I am talking about here.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the firmware or anything else... You can also hear a difference to other discs when You insert the BluRay into a PC BluRay Rom (I tested this on a Plextor on my PC).

2) It is also very strange that You cannot go straight into the Main Menu by pressing "Disc Menu" on Remote for bypassing the Intro of Arrow. I do not like this kind of hard-coding an intro without the user's possibiliy of inter-action. Why is this ? I think it is an absolutely unnecessary forced advertising and also refers to an incomplete authoring in the end.

3) To ARROW: Please take my short summary into consideration before creating the next BluRays - I love Your work very much and have collected a lot of Your releases... With DVD's of Your fine Label I never had problems and they are all working 100%.

But for BluRays please TEST the discs before You do a release too fast. The old argument that BluRay is so fast developing and Firmware has to be adjusted is making me sick, cause here is no 3D technology or anything else "world-sensational new" needed in order to play Demons 1 or 2. The consumer is not to be blamed for not buying the right BluRay Player to play certain discs - no - the BluRay simply must meet industry standard - that's it.
And by the way: SAMSUNG is a good manufacturer and I never did have trouble with my devices... You cannot buy a new player for each new release - this is not the way that I like to fill my flat with electronic non-sense :-)

Thanx for listening... and Greets to ARROW and all here on this great Board!
robertzombie likes this.

Last edited by MisterDiabolo; 18th July 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!