Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2012, 07:16 PM
Cult Addict

I have yet to remove the spec sheet's on either title.

DVD and BD collection
Old 29th May 2012, 07:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Mine was perfect. Peeled off the info sheet and everything was ok. Left both Demons and Demons 2 on the table, picked them up later and both of them were unstuck at the edges betwen the slip and the clear window. First time that's ever happened with one of my Arrow slipcases.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:53 AM
Cultist in Training

Mine were the same almost like a crease in the window of both slipcases!
Old 30th May 2012, 06:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Anyone notice the spelling mistake on Demons 2. I can't remember what it was, but it's the subtitle on one of the alt covers, it's missing a letter! Pretty shoddy QC, I have to say. There's no excuse for a premium product to have such a blatant mistake on it!
Old 30th May 2012, 08:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Anyone notice the spelling mistake on Demons 2. I can't remember what it was, but it's the subtitle on one of the alt covers, it's missing a letter! Pretty shoddy QC, I have to say. There's no excuse for a premium product to have such a blatant mistake on it!
I couldn't agree more. We are fans of Arrow, and we know that we support a small company with a great catalogue and fine releases. That's why I won't replace my copies of Demons and Demons 2, although both have the already mentioned slightly shoddy slipcover.

However, gaining a whole bunch of new Arrow afficionados will be a pretty tough job with all those recent delays, printing errors, and packing mistakes.

I think it's about time to fire a few asses; looking for another company to print the slipcases and to assemble the packages should be worth considering, too, as they messed up big time pretty often over the last few months. Arrowdrome's The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (no alternate artwork), The House by the Cemetery (wrong disc), Demons/Demons 2 (delays, slipcase trouble)... I really hope that this list won't continue.

Nobody would talk about one problematic release every once in a while - that's perfectly normal, and every label has to cope with that. After the huge problems with The Beyond last year and the recent (slight) issues, however, Arrow should really turn the corner now.

I like Arrow very much, and I don't want them to be labelled as "the nice little label with the constantly messed up releases".

Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree.

Greetings!

PS: The spelling mistake is "THE ULTIMATE HORROR EXERIENCE".
Old 30th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default arrow

the only ever trouble i've had with an arrow relese was the clear plastic circle from the street trash dvd shattering but dvd still plays ok anyone else have that problem. Oh and the white boxes are a bugger to replace if you damage therm.
Old 30th May 2012, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The packaging has a typo? HOLY SHIT! I'll never be able to enjoy the film ever again! All I'll be able to think about is that missing letter! Bad times we live in

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 30th May 2012, 08:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

The packaging has a typo? HOLY SHIT! I'll never be able to enjoy the film ever again! All I'll be able to think about is that missing letter! Bad times we live in

I can see where you're coming from!

Nevertheless, it's a shame that otherwise excellent releases like Demons and Demons 2 are spoiled by a sloppy quality control.

Don't get me wrong, we're still talking about two excellent Blu-rays here - but they would be even better without such faux pas.

Greetings!
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 12th June 2012, 03:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I just got mine today and both windows are badly creased. I just came back from a run and in less than an hour out of the plastic looks like the windows on both are about to fall off. Ill have to order the steel book now so i dont have to touch these ones again so nothing else happens. Sad i know but ever more sad is im not lying ha ha. Apart from the windows i love the look of the black slip case and the comics look great.
Old 12th June 2012, 04:00 PM
Cult Addict

I'd better take the spec's cover off my demons 2 now..........

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!