Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Problems with slipcover for demons blu ray (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8783-problems-slipcover-demons-blu-ray.html)

Mondezz 26th May 2012 05:22 PM

Problems with slipcover for demons blu ray

I've had 2 copies of demons from amazon and in both of them the clear window under the spec sheet has been quite badly creased.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

It's a real shame in an otherwise fantastic product.

Baseball Fury 26th May 2012 06:45 PM

Mine too, and some other people on here have said it as well.

Nagaman 28th May 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondezz (Post 245069)
I've had 2 copies of demons from amazon and in both of them the clear window under the spec sheet has been quite badly creased.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

It's a real shame in an otherwise fantastic product.

Yes, I had the same problem. :(
I was relieved when both my Demons 1 & 2 turned up without any bashed corners etc, but when I removed the spec sheet, I not only found that the windows were poorly glued to the slip cases and were already unstuck but the windows on both were creased and the glue (from the spec sheets) also left unremovable marks on/in the windows too! :mmph:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th May 2012 06:19 PM

The Demons were trying to poke their noggins through the screen.....

Pete 28th May 2012 06:27 PM

I haven't removed the info sheet from mine so I've no idea if it has the same problem.

Daemonia 29th May 2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 245696)
I haven't removed the info sheet from mine so I've no idea if it has the same problem.

Don't do it, Pete! Think of the children!

dream demon 29th May 2012 12:30 AM

So have they changed the slipcase design for the Demons releases? I only have the steelbook, but had assumed that the standard releases would just use the usual design that we are used to.

Pete 29th May 2012 12:39 AM

The black slipcases are much nicer than the white ones.

Nagaman 29th May 2012 12:46 AM

They are very nice indeed, love the shiny effect, but also hate them at the same time as they show up all your fingerprints, which are a right bugger to get off! :lol:

Kyle 29th May 2012 06:58 AM

mine are both the same too :(

Hawkmonger 29th May 2012 07:16 PM

I have yet to remove the spec sheet's on either title. :scared:

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th May 2012 07:25 PM

Mine was perfect. Peeled off the info sheet and everything was ok. Left both Demons and Demons 2 on the table, picked them up later and both of them were unstuck at the edges betwen the slip and the clear window. First time that's ever happened with one of my Arrow slipcases.

tattooedjackass 30th May 2012 03:53 AM

Mine were the same almost like a crease in the window of both slipcases!

Baseball Fury 30th May 2012 06:02 AM

Anyone notice the spelling mistake on Demons 2. I can't remember what it was, but it's the subtitle on one of the alt covers, it's missing a letter! Pretty shoddy QC, I have to say. There's no excuse for a premium product to have such a blatant mistake on it!

Prince_Vajda 30th May 2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 246181)
Anyone notice the spelling mistake on Demons 2. I can't remember what it was, but it's the subtitle on one of the alt covers, it's missing a letter! Pretty shoddy QC, I have to say. There's no excuse for a premium product to have such a blatant mistake on it!

I couldn't agree more. We are fans of Arrow, and we know that we support a small company with a great catalogue and fine releases. That's why I won't replace my copies of Demons and Demons 2, although both have the already mentioned slightly shoddy slipcover.

However, gaining a whole bunch of new Arrow afficionados will be a pretty tough job with all those recent delays, printing errors, and packing mistakes. :(

I think it's about time to fire a few asses; looking for another company to print the slipcases and to assemble the packages should be worth considering, too, as they messed up big time pretty often over the last few months. Arrowdrome's The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (no alternate artwork), The House by the Cemetery (wrong disc), Demons/Demons 2 (delays, slipcase trouble)... I really hope that this list won't continue.

Nobody would talk about one problematic release every once in a while - that's perfectly normal, and every label has to cope with that. After the huge problems with The Beyond last year and the recent (slight) issues, however, Arrow should really turn the corner now.

I like Arrow very much, and I don't want them to be labelled as "the nice little label with the constantly messed up releases". :(

Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree. :coolblue:

Greetings!

PS: The spelling mistake is "THE ULTIMATE HORROR EXERIENCE". :tsk:

plasterface 30th May 2012 07:27 PM

arrow

the only ever trouble i've had with an arrow relese was the clear plastic circle from the street trash dvd shattering but dvd still plays ok anyone else have that problem. Oh and the white boxes are a bugger to replace if you damage therm.

Pete 30th May 2012 07:32 PM

:shocked:

The packaging has a typo? HOLY SHIT! I'll never be able to enjoy the film ever again! All I'll be able to think about is that missing letter! Bad times we live in :tsk:

:p:D

Prince_Vajda 30th May 2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 246372)
:shocked:

The packaging has a typo? HOLY SHIT! I'll never be able to enjoy the film ever again! All I'll be able to think about is that missing letter! Bad times we live in :tsk:

:p:D

I can see where you're coming from! ;) :lol:

Nevertheless, it's a shame that otherwise excellent releases like Demons and Demons 2 are spoiled by a sloppy quality control.

Don't get me wrong, we're still talking about two excellent Blu-rays here - but they would be even better without such faux pas. :nod:

Greetings!

Nordicdusk 12th June 2012 03:59 PM

I just got mine today and both windows are badly creased. I just came back from a run and in less than an hour out of the plastic looks like the windows on both are about to fall off. Ill have to order the steel book now so i dont have to touch these ones again so nothing else happens. Sad i know but ever more sad is im not lying ha ha. Apart from the windows i love the look of the black slip case and the comics look great.

Hawkmonger 12th June 2012 04:00 PM

I'd better take the spec's cover off my demons 2 now..........

Nordicdusk 12th June 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 249779)
I'd better take the spec's cover off my demons 2 now..........

Id leave it i almost cried when i saw the damage.

Hawkmonger 12th June 2012 04:05 PM

.......It's creased. But not terribly so. I can easily live with that.
I'll post again if the window fall's out. I still have 7 Day's before I can't return it so I should be OK.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th June 2012 04:07 PM

Arrow to please the masses,here's what must be done next time round...:pound:

Everest Double Glazing Benefits Advert - YouTube

Nordicdusk 12th June 2012 04:08 PM

Little air bubbles are starting to appear on mine now im getting worried.:(

doolahrock 13th June 2012 09:35 AM

Mine have very minor creases but nothing I'm worried about. It's nothing compared to the state of the outer clear sleeve on my BU copies of Bird and Stendhal Syndrome. Bird is exceptionally badly creased to the point I'm going to order a couple of replacement cases when I next order in business supplies.

robertzombie 13th June 2012 11:01 AM

Can someone post a picture of these creases? Finding it hard to imagine as I haven't bought the items in question.

Rassilon 13th June 2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 249785)
Arrow to please the masses,here's what must be done next time round...:pound:

Everest Double Glazing Benefits Advert - YouTube

Thanks for posting that video Reaper, I laughed so hard I nearly...anyway

I bought my Demons from HMV and my slipcover is also damaged. Also if you hold it very close to your ear you can hear Boddy Rhodes shouting 'Smash everything' several times, and the dull thuds of feet kicking at doors. Here in lies the problem.

Rassilon 13th June 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 246370)
the only ever trouble i've had with an arrow relese was the clear plastic circle from the street trash dvd shattering but dvd still plays ok anyone else have that problem. Oh and the white boxes are a bugger to replace if you damage therm.

If you damage you white books, simply swap them with wii game boxes.

PaulD 13th June 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 249907)
Mine have very minor creases but nothing I'm worried about. It's nothing compared to the state of the outer clear sleeve on my BU copies of Bird and Stendhal Syndrome. Bird is exceptionally badly creased to the point I'm going to order a couple of replacement cases when I next order in business supplies.

I find that happens a lot with Region A imported blurays. I really don't know why.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th June 2012 11:54 PM

I found that the paper sheet was actually stuck to the clear window with the rubber adhesive, so not only is the clear window pretty warped, there are also marks on it where the adhesive was. Weird.