Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2012, 11:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It's got to be a screw-up. It happens right at the end of the titles, which uses branching. Somebody's made a mistake.
I personally think its a negative issue, as in Kentai's review, he states that he searched the disc, and the 6 seconds just isnt there.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 29th December 2012, 12:07 AM
Cult Addict

now somebodys stuck a review up saying the film is too bright.... apparently the best representation of ZFE is on italian vhs...

hmmmm.....
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 29th December 2012, 12:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Arrow's release in terms of PQ is great, but it still could have been
great and totally uncut. So right now for me the BU release wins out.
Why? Because of a few seconds of a boat floating on water? Seriously?

For me, I'm happy enough. I think Arrow's release is amazing. Wanna complain about 6 seconds of a boat in water when the film was completely banned for years? Really? Back in the day I never thought I'd see the day when the BBFC would pass it uncut. And yet, here we are.

Look, I understand the questions and I do think Arrow should reply. But will they?
fuzzymctiger and ReturnToZero like this.
Old 29th December 2012, 01:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Maybe the missing footage wasn't on the negative, but added post production for release(god knows why, not enough NYC?) and Arrow's print is a first cut pre-release version, whatever, it's still a stonking release, 'Boatgate' or not.
Old 29th December 2012, 02:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
now somebodys stuck a review up saying the film is too bright.... apparently the best representation of ZFE is on italian vhs...

hmmmm.....

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 29th December 2012, 04:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Posted this on the 'What have you seen' thread, so thought I'd put it here as well.

'Zombie Flesh Eaters' - First time viewing, for me. Really didn't know what to expect, and I was pretty much blown away! A couple of things really surprised me - how strong on story it was, not that it was a challenging plot or anything, but it always felt like telling the story was the most important thing.
A couple of scenes were real stand outs, to me - the 'feasting' scene, the dead rising from the graveyard, and the lone zombie walking down the village road, with the crab scuttling across in front of him. Also loved the audio - drums beating in the background, the moaning of the zoms etc.
My only complaint: the picture was so good that it showed up the makeup limitations - rotting faces not matching their bodies, rotting corpses with normal hands etc. Not really a problem though, not for me anyway.
So glad I shelled out for the steelbook! Awesome release Arrow.
Daemonia, Beyond72 and keirarts like this.
Old 29th December 2012, 05:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
Posted this on the 'What have you seen' thread, so thought I'd put it here as well.

'Zombie Flesh Eaters' - First time viewing, for me. Really didn't know what to expect, and I was pretty much blown away! A couple of things really surprised me - how strong on story it was, not that it was a challenging plot or anything, but it always felt like telling the story was the most important thing.
A couple of scenes were real stand outs, to me - the 'feasting' scene, the dead rising from the graveyard, and the lone zombie walking down the village road, with the crab scuttling across in front of him. Also loved the audio - drums beating in the background, the moaning of the zoms etc.
My only complaint: the picture was so good that it showed up the makeup limitations - rotting faces not matching their bodies, rotting corpses with normal hands etc. Not really a problem though, not for me anyway.
So glad I shelled out for the steelbook! Awesome release Arrow.
Is it weird that i'm somehow jelous of people getting to see the film for the first time.
Daemonia and Beyond72 like this.
Old 29th December 2012, 09:41 AM
Cult Addict

I am surprised that some of you good chaps know this film a lot better than me and yet missed the missing seconds til it was pointed out. Surely it has to some sort of botch related to the alternate branching on the titles? And its disappointing that arrow have been so poor in replying to queries, on this and the poor delivery service the past few weeks. In the few dealings I've had with them they've always been faultless at responding although when I e-mailed about my LE Slipcase they didnt and still havent bothered replying. Shame. Unfortunately I suspect that in their efforts to expand build a bigger business they will inevitably leave behind the customer service that so impressed to begin with. Question? Do the opening credits run to the same length on other releases? The only other version I have is the ABUK Box of the Banned set. For instance the BU disc? I wonder if somehow and I'm only speculating here, the six seconds of missing footage was somehow 'overwritten' when the branching titles were added?
Old 29th December 2012, 10:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

So, is it only the Blu-ray release that is missing a few seconds from the beginning of the film or does the DVD edition have it too? The DVD only has the one title, and doesn't feature the option of the two other alternatives.
Old 29th December 2012, 10:46 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
So, is it only the Blu-ray release that is missing a few seconds from the beginning of the film or does the DVD edition have it too? The DVD only has the one title, and doesn't feature the option of the two other alternatives.
No idea. No-one's mentioned it yet. I'm curious to find out.

Like this? Share it using the links below!