tele1962 likes this.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
They can go under for all I care,

If that's their attitude to their loyal customers, we don't need them
No offence but that's really not cool. I don't see why loads of people should lose their jobs over issues caused by a handful of people.
tele1962 likes this.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nobody wants to a company go under and i am sure Arrow or your retailers will come up with the goods on this otherwise stella release.
PaulD likes this.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
SOGA 1979 ........last time.
Part II

P13 (1)
P14 (2B) c

look good to me although this is starting to feel like I am back in work, lol
Old 4th January 2013, 05:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
No offence but that's really not cool. I don't see why loads of people should lose their jobs over issues caused by a handful of people.
Don't you think that responsibility lies with the company though not the consumer and after all the mistakes they have made over time why is nothing being done to rectify these issues.

Perhaps a change of management is required

and in any case by them being unwilling to fix this for early purchasers it will only entice people not to pre-order anything which is hardly a good business model for them.

As upsetting as it is having the error I could personally live with it if that's where this issue ends even if they say they won't do anything about it. However if they then decide to only fix new releases that is a direct slap in the face to their customers so companies like that do not deserve our support or to even be in business and you can't just say we will put up with it otherwise people will lose jobs because where would it ever end. It's about bloody time that people and companies were held accountable for their actions.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Don't you think that responsibility lies with the company though not the consumer and after all the mistakes they have made over time why is nothing being done to rectify these issues.

Perhaps a change of management is required.
Of course it lies with the company but I don't why see its justifiable to wish unemployment on everyone who works for the company even if they have nothing to do with the various decisions. Plus for all their faults Arrow have released some excellent films. I for one am glad stuff like The Night Child and Super Bitch got uk releases with excellent versions and while I am annoyed at ZFE being incomplete its still by far the best version out there.

Their handling of the ZFE issue is frustrating and I imagine distancing themselves from CL and Fetch Publicity has made it easier for them to adopt this attitude but I wouldn't wish them to go under. That just seems mean spirited.
Rik, hallo37, fuzzymctiger and 1 others like this.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's not mean spirited to say that the QC dept needs a bloody good shake up

How many errors have there been now?

City of the living dead is riddled with artifacts as is House by the Cemetery, Deep Red and Bird with Crystal Plumage are knackered, Tenebrae looks like it was filmed at the North Pole, Demons 2 has had multiple complaints over artifacts (although personally I though this one was ok) and that's not even counting the Beyond as that was fixed and became a decent disc but now Zombie Flesh Eaters has been released in a strong not so uncut version.

I mean who the hell have they got checking these discs Frank Spencer?
Old 4th January 2013, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I can see Sam's point here, but I wouldn't wish for them to go under. I am more pissed off over the fact they won't fix their **** up than the actual **** up itself! I paid over £30 for my copies and for that amount, hell any amount, of money I should recieve the product I preordered all those months ago. So now if I want a correct disc, I've gotta wait til they become available AND fork out more cash for it, that is complete disregard for the loyal fans, some of which buy every title they release
darthelvis and PaulD like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th January 2013, 05:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
It's not mean spirited to say that the QC dept needs a bloody good shake up
No but that's not what you're saying. You're saying you'd be happy for the company to go under, people losing their jobs, income etc all because of lax quality control. I'm all for them revising their quality control measures but wouldn't wish them to go under. That is mean-spirited, regardless of how angry you are.

Quote:
How many errors have there been now?
Off the top of my head 3 - The Beyond intro, The House By The Cemetry bluray extras disc not being in initial pressings and now ZFE missing footage due to an authoring error. There may be more but those are the main ones I can think of. Feel free to correct me or add more *

Quote:
City of the living dead is riddled with artifacts as is House by the Cemetery, Deep Red and Bird with Crystal Plumage are knackered, Tenebrae looks like it was filmed at the North Pole, Demons 2 has had multiple complaints over artifacts (although personally I though this one was ok) and that's not even counting the Beyond as that was fixed and became a decent disc but now Zombie Flesh Eaters has been released in a strong not so uncut version.

I mean who the hell have they got checking these discs Frank Spencer?
These aren't errors as such but issues that people have (legitimately or not) with the transfers and presentation of the film. This is where personal preference and judgment (and the tedious screenshot brigade) come into it. I'm not disagreeing with you on some of these points (I definitely think Tenebrae was a very iffy transfer which still manages to look good on my tv once settings have been changed thankfully) but regardless of what you think about these issues they are not errors but issues with the source material and transfers from the Italian lab due to odd judgement and having different standards, not mistakes. You can't deny the footage is missing from ZFE or that The Beyond intro was wrong, but you can argue that City of the Living Dead is a good transfer or that Tenebrae was the best looking release they could have put out given what the LVR lab had done with it. That's a different thing entirely.

* EDIT: there was also an issue with initial pressings of The Card Player not having English subtitles I think, something like that anyway. They also did a replacement programme for that too
Old 4th January 2013, 06:04 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
No it's not. Clean your ears out. He was filmed with a tie-clip mic, the same way we - and every other supplementary company on the planet - film everyone.
Yes it is, check your interview..

Whoever mastered the sound has clearly made an error as there is a great deal of digital distortion present both in his voice and in the clips from the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!