Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2013, 05:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Whats betting Arrow only have the rights to ZFE for a short period and there won't be another pressing.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

They actually have the potential to make more money out of ZFE. If Arrow have paid from scratch for this new restoration and master, they have the best version available by far and if another company wants access to it, they'll have to pay Arrow or no doubt use the same master that BU had to.
Old 5th January 2013, 12:02 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Like i say though they have said future releases of this disk will be fault free so it should not be a problem getting it swapped out, even at HMV.
So how is everyone supposed to know when the new pressing is available and who will be carrying it?
Old 5th January 2013, 12:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi3 View Post
So how is everyone supposed to know when the new pressing is available and who will be carrying it?
Ask them.
Old 5th January 2013, 02:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This is all a bit....shoddy. Arrow are obliged to replace old copies if they're claiming the next pressing will be 'fixed'. By saying 'fixed' it is an admission of a fault being present.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 5th January 2013, 03:47 AM
Active Cultist

Do i take it that there is something wrong with Arrows ZFE ?
If so then we cant say we werent warned i guess, bet Pooch is over the moon.
Old 5th January 2013, 05:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
This is all a bit....shoddy. Arrow are obliged to replace old copies if they're claiming the next pressing will be 'fixed'. By saying 'fixed' it is an admission of a fault being present.
As far as i can tell yes.
Old 5th January 2013, 07:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

This is all very disappointing. Mistakes are made, so I'm not really dirty with Arrow - though their reaction seems to be the biggest issue with you guys(?), which is perfectly understandable.
I'm disappointed because last week was the first time that I've ever seen the film, via Arrow's BD, and I was looking forward to following, and contributing to, the discussion about the film. I'm only a newish member, so don't want to say too much, but - hopefully this will all be resolved soon, and the thread can return to the film.
Old 5th January 2013, 07:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
This is all very disappointing. Mistakes are made, so I'm not really dirty with Arrow - though their reaction seems to be the biggest issue with you guys(?), which is perfectly understandable.
I'm disappointed because last week was the first time that I've ever seen the film, via Arrow's BD, and I was looking forward to following, and contributing to, the discussion about the film. I'm only a newish member, so don't want to say too much, but - hopefully this will all be resolved soon, and the thread can return to the film.
Did you enjoy it then? The PQ is fantastic on it and the extras are tremendous.
Daemonia, Justin101 and tele1962 like this.
Old 5th January 2013, 08:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Yep, loved it. Posted about it in one of the other threads.

'Zombie Flesh Eaters' - First time viewing, for me. Really didn't know what to expect, and I was pretty much blown away! A couple of things really surprised me - how strong on story it was, not that it was a challenging plot or anything, but it always felt like telling the story was the most important thing.
A couple of scenes were real stand outs, to me - the 'feasting' scene, the dead rising from the graveyard, and the lone zombie walking down the village road, with the crab scuttling across in front of him. Also loved the audio - drums beating in the background, the moaning of the zoms etc.
My only complaint: the picture was so good that it showed up the makeup limitations - rotting faces not matching their bodies, rotting corpses with normal hands etc. Not really a problem though, not for me anyway.
So glad I shelled out for the steelbook! Awesome release Arrow.

As you can probably tell, I knew nothing about the missing six seconds when I posted this.
TJ Doc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!