Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 03:53 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Can't really do that if you bought and want the LE though.
Exactly. They're shooting themselves in the foot with the LE situation - no-one in their right minds will be taking a chance on their Bava LEs with this going on.
Old 8th January 2013, 03:53 PM
Cult Rookie

So anyone who bought the limited edition or steel book, if they want a replacement, will have to pay the extra for the corrected disc.
That is poor if not non-existent customer service, as this is a manufacturing error which should have been dealt with before release.
It is not the customers error, why should we be asked to pay again.
scribbler likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 03:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
Exactly. They're shooting themselves in the foot with the LE situation - no-one in their right minds will be taking a chance on their Bava LEs with this going on.
As their order history isn't working on their site, not making it easy to cancel! I've emailed them about cancelling my preorders and getting a refund and returning my Ltd Ed ZFE as well. Not happy!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 8th January 2013, 03:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Oh dear, that's not the way to run customer service, but nice to see Ebenezer Scrooge has got employment at Arrow films.

When I first read the notice I thought 50p-£1 to cover admin, instead £5
Old 8th January 2013, 04:03 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
As their order history isn't working on their site, not making it easy to cancel! I've emailed them about cancelling my preorders and getting a refund and returning my Ltd Ed ZFE as well. Not happy!
I don't want to part with my LE but there's no way I'm paying £5. One thing people haven't really touched on is that this whole mess-up makes these LE sets worthless as collector's items for future buyers, should anyone want to sell them on (I won't, but I can imagine some people will have bought them with this security in mind.)
scribbler and robertzombie like this.
Old 8th January 2013, 04:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Aside from the fact that I think it's absolute bullshit that they sent more out of The Beyond than manufactured (what percentage of buyers actually knew there was a fault?), this is utter ******* nonsense and daylight robbery.

If they want to avoid a situation and make it plain and easy, just set up a Freepost and get people to mail their old discs in. That way there's no way sending out more could possibly ever happen!
Daemonia, Mojo, scribbler and 9 others like this.
Old 8th January 2013, 04:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Aside from the fact that I think it's absolute bullshit that they sent more out of The Beyond than manufactured (what percentage of buyers actually knew there was a fault?), this is utter ******* nonsense and daylight robbery.

If they want to avoid a situation and make it plain and easy, just set up a Freepost and get people to mail their old discs in. That way there's no way sending out more could possibly ever happen!
Exactly that...... EXACTLY THAT!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th January 2013, 04:12 PM
Cult Addict

I'm loving the variation from indefference to blind rage. can't wait to hear what Pete has to say.
Old 8th January 2013, 04:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

What they're asking is essentially illegal. They've admitted it's faulty, they're obligated by law to replace/refund it.
robertzombie and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 8th January 2013, 04:17 PM
Active Cultist

£5 is a touch hefty. £2 would have been a fairer price, if indeed there is a fair price.

Can't cost them anymore than a £1 to make the disc. I'd be surprised if it were actually that high.

Even £5 for the replacement and then £5 off your next purchase from the Arrow store would have been reasonable....ish.

Like this? Share it using the links below!