Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I do wonder if it is worth getting a letter from Trading Standards or the Consumer Advice Line and posting it up on all the forums.

If Arrow are suddenly hit by enough threatening letters they may do the decent thing.
Old 8th January 2013, 06:58 PM
Active Cultist

I'm guessing that if Arrow have to send out the replacements it could be cheerio Arrow. I can't see another reason they are being so resistant to sending out replacements as they've done it without question before now.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The six seconds of missing footage never bothered me in slightest, but I fully understand why some may feel differently. The bottom line is people paid for a product which was faulty and are now being asked to pay for this mistake to be rectified, it really does beggar belief. You have to laugh at the sheer audacity of it.

I've always been a huge fan of Arrow, in fact it's what led me here, but this is indefensible not to mention surely illegal. If you pay for a product and it's faulty it should be replaced free of charge upon proof of purchase.

Actually flabbergasted about this.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm returning my copy to Amazon UK as defective. I'll reorder when the replacements are available. I'm also canceling my pre-order for BLACK SUNDAY, based on this baloney.

And, who does the QC for Arrow? Is it the same knucklehead who has been doing it the whole time? If so, why do they still have a job? Time for some new blood, methinks.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Does this whole fiasco make the LE Slipcase uncollectable even if you were to get the replacement disc?
Old 8th January 2013, 07:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Does this whole fiasco make the LE Slipcase uncollectable even if you were to get the replacement disc?
Im sure collectors wont but it because its not complete so wont be worth as much now unless the 6 seconds is present. It does not bother me but as a collectors piece its not complete.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Personally I can live without 6 seconds on a BluRay copy. I am more worried that my LE Slipcase which I got knowing there may be a chance I may sell it in the future, since I assumed its 500 run would make it valuable is now uncollectable, unvaluable and faulty without paying another fiver on a replacement which might not even make it collectable again.

The only positive thing that i see from my own perspective is that I was thinking of getting the regular Bluray, which is now available for 5 quid when I would have to otherwise buy it from amazon for 11 quid. If I did buy a replacement i would end up with the DVD which has the missing 6 second's, A BluRay with 6 seconds I would put in my slipcase and my original faulty BluRay which i dont mind watching. I would therefore really only have the complete BluRay version to fix my LE Slipcase situation. I am in a right kafuffle
Old 8th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

I am so *%*$ing annoyed at this.
I want the full version of this film. The missing seconds bother me, but I don't want to pay out anymore money for this title. We should not have to.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

£5 for 6 seconds. No thanks.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

OK this is going to get me flamed i know...........i have just pre ordered the replacement for £5. The reason i am going to give is this, i think IMHO that Arrow might be struggling and basically can not afford to replace these discs without them getting in real financial trouble and at the cost of jobs and one of the last great indi labels if this spreads further. Just my opinion but i am going to support them as i love film of this type and i would hate to loose it.

As i say this is IMHO.
doolahrock likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!