Old 9th January 2013, 10:53 AM
Cult Addict

How's about both co's i'm lawful good!
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:55 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Their quotes about being cheated was regarding "The Beyond" where all they asked for was a receipt. Now that they are doing it properly "Get a bad disc, send out a good one" there's no issue with cheating.
Hi Hugh. I was typing so long, Arrow made the free disc replacement before I knew what was happening! I was referring to The Beyond too as its was how Arrow was justifying the previous £5 charge.

Gojirosan, Different strokes for different folks, Bloke. (Ha! Different strokes...)

Its cool. I know its a taste thing. I may actually be missing out on some great films by being a snob, but as I said - I feel its a move away from Arrow's grimy origins. Dead End Drive-In deserved a push dammit!

Good to chat, group.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:01 AM
Cultist

More Troma and more Ozploitation would be grand - can't believe they haven't done a better edition of Dead End Drive-In, bit of a missed opportunity. Howling 3 would be fab, hilariously bad but brilliant! Body Melt, Wake In Fright, can't mind what else but there's a few other older Oz flicks I'd love to see given the Arrow love.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:04 AM
Cultist

Wow, just read this today incredible.
Btw am I the only one nervous about having to send my disc? I have things get lost in the post quite a lot.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm not sure why people moan about the gamma on Lady Snowblood. There's a ton of Japanese releases out there with the same non-issue, from such lofty sources as Eureka, BFI and Criterion. set your player to display full 0-255 RGB scale and the problem is solved!

It's like complaining about a DVD having PAL speedup!
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm glad they're finally doing the right thing. A little disappointed at the road they took getting there, but they've listened and reacted and that's a big plus for the company in my book. One of my issues of them leaving CL and moving to social media, where often the audience seems less 'core' was that issues like this could easily be ignored, and I'm pleased that is not the case.

I look forward to my replacement and I'll continue to support them with their releases (with the exception of the sexploitation and stuff like Wild Gease and Who Dares Wins).

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealbe View Post
Wow, just read this today incredible.
Btw am I the only one nervous about having to send my disc? I have things get lost in the post quite a lot.
They can provide you with proof of purchase at a Post Office for free when you send it. I'm sure Arrow would accept that in the event it got lost.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm glad they've finally seen sense, but now I have to make a difficult choice. Do I send in the disc from my steelbook only, or do I open my LE and send both so they're both complete
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th January 2013, 11:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

this is going to make me sound dense but what is the point of erotica, with high speed broadband these days, or is there something more to it that i just can't see?
Chinhead likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just sent this email to Arrow. I think it is appropriate. I hope you guys agree.

Hi

I thought that I would just email you guys at Arrow and say that in regards to this costumer you have my full support due to your latest decision with regards to the ZFE disc. In light of the recent problem's of the ZFE disc I really hope that you don't suffer financially because I was absolutely delighted at your recent announcement of Bava's Black Sabbath. That is in my top 10 Horror films of all time. I would be also very interested to see Baron Blood, a Bava title I was previously unaware of. Personally with the ZFE disc I have to admit that I was annoyed that I would have to initially pay 5 quid to have it replaced, particularly as a student trying not to spend 2 much money who also pre-ordered the slipcase Blu-Ray. In fact the reason that I was worried about the Slipcase was that the faulty disc would affect it value and collectability. Personally if I wasn't worried about the collectors value of it then the six seconds don't particularly annoy me. Now that you are offering it for free however I feel you have fixed the situation and I really hope that offering a replacement for free doesn't substantially hurt your business. I am worried now that you might go out of business. Please say this isn't so.

Apart from the 6 seconds ZFE was a amazing package. I particularly enjoyed, in regards to the extras the very interesting and enjoyable Romero to Rome doc. I will be a very happy costumer if further releases reflect this overall exceptional quality of the package (minus the missing footage).

Regard's Maxwell Dean
Old 9th January 2013, 11:28 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Arrow are making so many u-turns they're starting to sound like the government.

So....do I send mine in for a replacement as soon as it's available or wait and make sure the 'fixed' disc isn't screwed up in some different way....decisons, decisions....

I mean, I could send in a perfectly working disc (albeit missing 6 seconds) and receive something that doesn't work at all. My faith in Arrow not to screw up is virtually non-existent at the moment.

Like this? Share it using the links below!