Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Zombie Flesh Eaters (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8820-zombie-flesh-eaters.html)

Steel76 30th October 2012 03:40 PM

Seems like the movie was in great hands :)

Since the Blue-Underground transfer didn´t come directly from the original negatives, and has the same noise/DNR problems as all other LVR transfers. I wonder if ANY of the LVR transfers actually came directly from the negatives, or if they too was some generations away from them.

I have lost the last remaining respect for BU. Especially when Lustig ****ed up his own transfer for "Maniac" with the horrible new colors, contrast, DNR and milky "black" level. When the trailer in 1080p looks AMAZING in comparision, with amazing colors, blacks and fine-details, you know something went horribly wrong during the mastering. And a reason why I sold the BD and rebought the DVD that had the old superior THX transfer.

BU also released a couple of DVD´s back in the day that also falsely said they came from the negatives.

This new ZFE blu-ray will probably be proof of their lies, which will be the final nail in BU´s coffin, and good riddance ;)

Andra Jai 30th October 2012 06:27 PM

I thought Blue Underground did use the original negative at least that's what they were claiming at the time saying a new 2k scan was struck from it.

Anyway I was determined not to double dip on this one but the Youtube promo has convinced me

I am also looking forward to the extras which look decent and it will be interesting to do a direct comparison with the US transfer as I will be hanging onto to the US release for the alternate commentary track.

tele1962 30th October 2012 07:56 PM

sorry if this has already been posted:

Arrow Video's Zombie Flesh Eaters [Promo] - YouTube

Prince_Vajda 30th October 2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 283097)
why I get the feeling that numerous complaints will be post here after the release ? (not from me)

Some people always complain. :coolblue:

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

zane 30th October 2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76
This new ZFE blu-ray will probably be proof of their lies, which will be the final nail in BU´s coffin, and good riddance

I don't think it's right to start dissing Blue Underground without having a real insight into the issue.

Vampix 30th October 2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 288143)
I don't think it's right to start dissing Blue Underground without having a real insight into the issue.

Blue Underground are a great company IMO.They've put out some superb releases. :nod:

Prince_Vajda 30th October 2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

Prince_Vajda 30th October 2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 288145)
Blue Underground are a great company IMO.They've put out some superb releases. :nod:

I agree. Some people should think more before posting.

PaulD 30th October 2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Even if there have been issues with their releases in the past (and I think their release of Zombie was fantastic incidentally) to wish for the demise of a label dedicated to the releasing and preservation of cult films we all love is a pretty weak move.

Steel76 31st October 2012 08:50 AM

Come on, I was posting about MY thoughts about the laziness of the company today. Didn´t know this wasn´t allowed ;)

Don´t be so damn sensative.