Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2012, 07:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think Rick's ZFE painting is incredible!
skankenstoned likes this.
Old 5th June 2012, 08:12 PM
Cultist

Nice one Rick for stepping up to the plate and putting things straight, now when's Alan Jones gonna do the same? And yes, now I remember that Jones DID hate Fulci because he threw up all over him when they first met (perhaps Fulci had a premonition of this whole debacle) so why the hell would he get this particular job in the first place? Really, in light of this whole thing perhaps now is the time to get either Kim Newman or Xavier Mendik on the case instead
piotimike likes this.

Last edited by skankenstoned; 5th June 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:18 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Hi Guys!
One thing an artist should NEVER do is answer his critics on a forum but what the hell, if he doesn't have a sense of humour he shouldn't visit one in the first place! Firstly, let me say I love Cult Labs and there is not a kicking I've taken here that hasn't been almost perversely appreciated. However, I would like to point out that many of my Arrow covers had a 'cartoony' look because they were done straight onto a blank board without using any photo references. At the time these titles came out my brief was to work from imagination and to deliver covers that emulated the 50's E.C. comic style. If you check out my last DarkSide cover (Strippers vs Werewolves) which was copied straight from a photograph then you will see it's technically superior to Inferno. However, you could walk into any art school in Britain and find half a dozen pupils who could do the same thing.
My Zombie Flesh Eaters (see attached) was also done without using any photographs or models and admittedly has a somewhat 'cartoony' look. Of course if the next ZFE artwork is constructed in the same fashion and leaves mine face down in the dust then I'll happily take my licks and slink off blubbing into the sunset. If however it turns out to be nothing more than a bunch of traced downloaded images slapped together in photoshop then, well, I'll probably still wind up getting a good kicking and slink off blubbing into the sunset!
Cheers,
Rick
I've got to say, Rick - I think your artwork for ZFE is easily among your very best work. It's brilliant - hopefully Arrow will use it - I mean it's probably the most famous moment in the film and maybe Italian zombie cinema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
No seirous, I work as a Diving Instructers assistent (learning to instruct myself) and we recently arrived back from Cornwall after diving with Basking Sharks.
None aggressive beast's thankfuly.

WOAH! You sir have an amazing job! Diving with basking sharks eh? That sounds incredible...I can't even swim Fail.
piotimike likes this.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:26 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No offence to Rick, but I hope they come up with something new. Although, saying that, it really doesn't matter, as I'll be turning it around to some classic artwork.
Slippery Jack and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's a Rick Melton image, prime exploitation etc. Some i dig, some i don't....considering some of the covers ZFE has had in this country, im not getting upset.
On Mr Jones, always felt that he's a little bit "precious" when it comes to some things, Thrower's comments will be the reason i'l buy this (and for the fact it's finally available to buy an u/c solo release in UK after all this frigging time.)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th June 2012, 09:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
No offence to Rick, but I hope they come up with something new. Although, saying that, it really doesn't matter, as I'll be turning it around to some classic artwork.
And if you ever need a,ahem 'HAND' to convince anyone give me a shout.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th June 2012, 09:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In the meantime Gut pickers,here's that classic trailer and theme.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (20.3 KB, 7 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:07 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Calum is being interviewed on Creep Show Radio in the US just now (via telephone), and guess who just got mentioned? BY NAME!
antmumford and skankenstoned like this.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Alan Jones?
Daemonia, Mojo and PaulD like this.

Old 6th June 2012, 11:13 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Alan Jones?
well yes, but I was talking about yours truly!

Like this? Share it using the links below!