Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2012, 06:43 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Probably more infamous than famous. It's had a troubled history on UK shores, for certain. Pretty sure there was a nice uncut DVD included in the Box of the Banned, but it's not had a standalone uncut release, as far as I know. So this release from Arrow is well overdue.
Speaking of box of the banned i watched the ban the sadist videos documentary last night, its a good watch for anyone into the nasties stuff.
As for zombie flesh eaters a lot of people rate it up there with Dawn of the dead and the latter has had loads of releases so yeah well overdue.
Old 11th June 2012, 06:59 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Probably more infamous than famous. It's had a troubled history on UK shores, for certain. Pretty sure there was a nice uncut DVD included in the Box of the Banned, but it's not had a standalone uncut release, as far as I know. So this release from Arrow is well overdue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
As for zombie flesh eaters a lot of people rate it up there with Dawn of the dead and the latter has had loads of releases so yeah well overdue.
I think it's probably due more to the fact that it was directed by Fulci rather than the film itself

I think it's in the book 'Seduction of the Gullible', by John Martin, (which sadly is buried in the shed at the moment, so I can't find the actual quote), but there is an interview with someone who was a chief examiner at the BBFC during the late 70's/early 80's, and he says words to the effect that when they were "...faced with a film directed by Lucio Fulci, they would automatically gulp and grab for the sickbag"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th June 2012, 01:04 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I think it's probably due more to the fact that it was directed by Fulci rather than the film itself

I think it's in the book 'Seduction of the Gullible', by John Martin, (which sadly is buried in the shed at the moment, so I can't find the actual quote), but there is an interview with someone who was a chief examiner at the BBFC during the late 70's/early 80's, and he says words to the effect that when they were "...faced with a film directed by Lucio Fulci, they would automatically gulp and grab for the sickbag"
That's fair enough. But this was Fulci's first gore epic, so the BBFC wouldn't have made the connection between Fulci and gore at this point. After this one, maybe yeah, but not at the time ZFE came out. ZFE only really became notorious following its inclusion on the DPP's list of 'nasties', and that was as late as 1984, 5 years after ZFE came out at the cinema.
vipco likes this.
Old 12th June 2012, 04:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And with the Vipco versions,the bbfc woudn't have made a connection with Fulci and ANY gore.....
vipco, Pete and Hawkmonger like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th June 2012, 04:08 PM
Cult Addict

Saw the Unlimited BD of Battle Royale in HMV today.
The more I look at the border with the transparant case the more I like it.
I'm actualy hoping it's Limited double play only as it mean's I dont have to worry about buggered case's anymore!

DVD and BD collection
Old 13th June 2012, 01:48 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I love Rick's artwork and pretty much 9 times out of 10 display it rather than a classic artwork - however I'd really appreciate something without the tits and ass, I know this is exploitation cinema and that's what is in the film, but sometimes it doesn't fit right (Inferno...) and I'd prefer a striking 'horror' cover instead!

There is that saying though 'you can't please all of the people all of the time'
Inferno was one of those horror that I never saw first time round, so when I bought the arrow release I was genuinely impressed. Although the girl on the box has a mint Jennijer Lopez type bottom and it never surfaced once in the movie.
doolahrock likes this.
Old 16th June 2012, 06:59 PM
Cult Master

Apparently a second commentary has been recorded for this release

No idea who it is by, tho

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th June 2012, 07:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Apparently a second commentary has been recorded for this release

No idea who it is by, tho
Yeah, saw that on Facebook and Twitter. Surprised they can record anything after staying up all night in an airport waiting for their flight.
Old 17th June 2012, 12:44 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Arrow are not very good at keeping secrecy.

So who let this nugget be known? And who's done a second commentary? I hope it's a commentary on the first commentary and slagging it off.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 17th June 2012, 07:41 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Arrow are not very good at keeping secrecy.

So who let this nugget be known? And who's done a second commentary? I hope it's a commentary on the first commentary and slagging it off.
"Yes, hello, Callum here, was going to have an commentary with Alan Jones but the bold bastard let slip that we where releasing this so i'm flling in the arse hole's shoe's. Tosser."
Daemonia likes this.

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!