Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2012, 12:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

This looks like it's shaping up to be a really nice release.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 18th October 2012, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yup, this is probably gonna be on my top 3 list of Arrow editions, together with Demons and The Beyond
Old 18th October 2012, 04:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

After watching this for years on VHS and then on the original Anchor Bay dvd I have to say I'm very content with the BU blu but I can see myself picking this up down the road if there are notable differences.
Old 18th October 2012, 05:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
After watching this for years on VHS and then on the original Anchor Bay dvd I have to say I'm very content with the BU blu but I can see myself picking this up down the road if there are notable differences.
Here's a few
Brand new high definition restoration of the original negative.
Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti moderated by Calum Waddell
Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
MUSIC FOR A FLESH-FEAST: Composer Fabio Frizzo - Live Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre
ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
Trailer and radio spots
Collectors booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Steel76 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th October 2012, 10:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Here's a few
Brand new high definition restoration of the original negative.
Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
MUSIC FOR A FLESH-FEAST: Composer Fabio Frizzo - Live Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre
ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
Trailer and radio spots
Collectors booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Yeah, just a few differences.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Admittedly, I am not a special features junkie. I appreciate when they're included but they're more or less a one and done attraction for me. The presentation of the film is what matters most to me.
Rik likes this.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
That's all well and good, but I hope they shed more light on the Shark Vs Zombie scene, was it a left over from the original, original adventure screenplay or just so they could have a shark in the trailer to cash in on the JAWS movies? Inquiring minds need to know.
Old 26th October 2012, 01:07 PM
Cultist

About the limited slipcase release, are there many left, haven't got round to buying on yet??
Old 26th October 2012, 01:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimajneb View Post
About the limited slipcase release, are there many left, haven't got round to buying on yet??
Last I heard they's sold 400 or so of them, that was about a fortnight ago
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th October 2012, 01:26 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Last I heard they's sold 400 or so of them, that was about a fortnight ago
That's actually quite good to know they still have some left...I ordered one when it was first announced but i've been thinking about ordering another, mainly because I can just see i'll end up with one with the slipcase all bloody dented and bashed up!
Steel76 and Nimajneb like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!