Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2012, 02:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Why, though? You've already plainly stated you won't be buying it anyway. So what, exactly, is the disappointment you, personally, will be facing? I'm not trying to be aggressive here, I just don't get where you're coming from...? Disappointment would be expecting something and you don't get it. In this case you're not expecting anything, because you're not buying it, so what are you missing out on exactly?
I'm not getting it because I have the BU one but I can definitely empathize with someone being upset that the poster didn't come with that edition. You don't have to be buying it to have an opinion on it.

Does someone need to personally invested to be disappointed??? I don't have any financial investment in the John Carter movie but I was disappointed with how Disney marketed it.

The guy has a right to his opinion whether he buys the dvd or not does nothing to change or invalidate that fact or the opinion.
davcol likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I'm not getting it because I have the BU one but I can definitely empathize with someone being upset that the poster didn't come with that edition. You don't have to be buying it to have an opinion on it.

Does someone need to personally invested to be disappointed??? I don't have any financial investment in the John Carter movie but I was disappointed with how Disney marketed it.

The guy has a right to his opinion whether he buys the dvd or not does nothing to change or invalidate that fact or the opinion.
I hear what you're saying - and yes, anyone can have an opinion. But disappointed means something not personally meeting your expectations - ie: you expect to receive something but don't.

I suppose you could say that it's disappointing. But he said that he was, himself, personally disappointed. And all I was asking is why? Seriously, the guy wasn't even going to buy any copy of the UK release and yet he's somehow disappointed? Why would he care? I know I wouldn't care about something I had no interest in buying, much less be disappointed over it. But hey, if you want to go round being disappointed on other people's behalf, be my guest. Far be it for me to stop you (not that I could anyway, so I don't know why everyone gets so worked up - say and think what you like).

Personally, I'm getting bored with all the Arrow bashing. It's getting tiresome now. I've yet to buy an Arrow product that has disappointed me. So colour me not disappointed, since that's the current topic. When they mess up, then call it. But not getting a poster when you balance it against everything else that's on offer?
Old 27th November 2012, 06:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I hear what you're saying - and yes, anyone can have an opinion. But disappointed means something not personally meeting your expectations - ie: you expect to receive something but don't.

I suppose you could say that it's disappointing. But he said that he was, himself, personally disappointed. And all I was asking is why? Seriously, the guy wasn't even going to buy any copy of the UK release and yet he's somehow disappointed? Why would he care? I know I wouldn't care about something I had no interest in buying, much less be disappointed over it. But hey, if you want to go round being disappointed on other people's behalf, be my guest. Far be it for me to stop you (not that I could anyway, so I don't know why everyone gets so worked up - say and think what you like).

Personally, I'm getting bored with all the Arrow bashing. It's getting tiresome now. I've yet to buy an Arrow product that has disappointed me. So colour me not disappointed, since that's the current topic. When they mess up, then call it. But not getting a poster when you balance it against everything else that's on offer?
All the Arrow bashing??? From what I gather most were pretty happy about the genre releases this time around. If anything this forum will bash anything that isn't Arrow or is percieved as competition but this definitely isn't a place where I see a lot of Arrow bashing at all.

As for the poster thing. it doesn't bother me personally now but it was the slipcovers, booklets and posters that got me curious enough to buy Arrow in the first place. So I can see how it might be off-putting for someone coming into the product. All that said, if someone is a fan of the movie and the dvd is getting great reviews fans will buy it.

I find it disturbing that there are some people who feel they cannot let any small comment pass and must pick up the mantle to defend Arrow. ( I am not saying you btw but there are people here that are scarily protective)

This is a site for collectors of the product but they should be allowed to guess, and vent and even to a certain extent bash.

I'm hopefully going through England on my honeymoon next year and I plan o picking up a ton of Arrow, Shameless, and Second Sight....posters will not matter either way. Just quality films...or my definition of quality.

I am not disagreeing with your arguement I am just defending the right to argue otherwise.

Of all the forums I have been on this is definitely the most protective of its product next to the WWE.

Arrow's a great company but some of its more, for lack of a better word, fanatical followers tend to lower its perception among collectors and thats just wrong.

None of this is really aimed towards you personally but our conversation seemed like a decent way to address the issue.
Old 27th November 2012, 06:24 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
All the Arrow bashing??? From what I gather most were pretty happy about the genre releases this time around. If anything this forum will bash anything that isn't Arrow or is percieved as competition but this definitely isn't a place where I see a lot of Arrow bashing at all.

As for the poster thing. it doesn't bother me personally now but it was the slipcovers, booklets and posters that got me curious enough to buy Arrow in the first place. So I can see how it might be off-putting for someone coming into the product. All that said, if someone is a fan of the movie and the dvd is getting great reviews fans will buy it.

I find it disturbing that there are some people who feel they cannot let any small comment pass and must pick up the mantle to defend Arrow. ( I am not saying you btw but there are people here that are scarily protective)

This is a site for collectors of the product but they should be allowed to guess, and vent and even to a certain extent bash.

I'm hopefully going through England on my honeymoon next year and I plan o picking up a ton of Arrow, Shameless, and Second Sight....posters will not matter either way. Just quality films...or my definition of quality.

I am not disagreeing with your arguement I am just defending the right to argue otherwise.

Of all the forums I have been on this is definitely the most protective of its product next to the WWE.

Arrow's a great company but some of its more, for lack of a better word, fanatical followers tend to lower its perception among collectors and thats just wrong.

None of this is really aimed towards you personally but our conversation seemed like a decent way to address the issue.
So what you're saying is we're the ones who do the bashing of other forums snd companies? I don't think i've ever seen anyone here call other companies shit and make up stupid childish names for forums like we have gotten, i.e c***t labs.
Old 27th November 2012, 06:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
So what you're saying is we're the ones who do the bashing of other forums snd companies? I don't think i've ever seen anyone here call other companies shit and make up stupid childish names for forums like we have gotten, i.e c***t labs.

I'm honestly unaware of this forum ever being called something like that and I am definitely against that.

Is there some under-lining bashing of this forum going on at some other forums because that would make sense for some of the members that seem a wee bit thin skinned.(this is coming from someone who knows he can be hotheaded so I am not just throwing stones :-) )

I disagree with any of that stupid crap and if the name you are saying is what I think it is..damn thats offensive on so many levels.

All I was saying is its normal on a forum to have the right to complain, lets face it..forums would never last if we didnt because a forum where everyone agrees and pats the company on the back would be boring..plus you'd have a company getting away with murder.(see my WWE example for reference)
antmumford likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
All the Arrow bashing If anything this forum will bash anything that isn't Arrow or is percieved as competition but this definitely isn't a place where I see a lot of Arrow bashing at all.
Erm, no it doesn't. That's complete bullshit. There are numerous threads championing other companies and their releases and even when people do have a problem with another release they usually say so in a reasonable manner, which is very unlike what people do when they bash Arrow or this forum.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 27th November 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Erm, no it doesn't. That's complete bullshit. There are numerous threads championing other companies and their releases and even when people do have a problem with another release they usually say so in a reasonable manner, which is very unlike what people do when they bash Arrow.
Pete I think you may be getting the wrong end of the stick with Arrowfan's comments. Bar the comment about this forum bashing others because i haven't witnessed that one yet. From what I can read he's actually making sense and not saying anything derogative or negative towards this forum, nor has he complained from what I can see either.
Maybe I'm reading him wrong though
Criterion7 likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Last edited by antmumford; 27th November 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

edit: **** it.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th November 2012, 09:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Silly internet folk . . .
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:42 AM
Active Cultist

I think this is one of those ocassions when it would be sensible to be the bigger man and not rise to provocation and move on from this discussion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!