Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2012, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
There's also the fact that people will go to HMV/Play/Amazon when they want to buy a film - it wasn't exactly widely advertised that a limited version was available on Arrow's website.
There is mention of the limited Bava's on an advert in the latest Empire however.
Shit, best get my order in soon then before all the Hobbit fans snap them up!

Edit: That wasn't meant to be as sarcastic as it reads BTW
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th November 2012, 02:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't ordered the two Bava's yet due to their "pay now for pre-orders" rule, but I'm quite confident that I'll get a copy of each when I do place my order next month. As for ZFE not selling out the 500 copies, I think this is due to the price and the fact people are unsure whether this release will be first class or not. I can wager a bet that it sells out after release date, probably within the first week or so once the majority of reviews (both professional and from members on here) have come in.
I agree that taking money instantly is a big turn off. And I don't understand the need to be exclusive - surely they'd shift the LEs faster if more retailers had them.

I'm not taking that bet - I hope and suspect that you are right.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:59 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That may be possible, last year I bought a copy of Inferno from a seller on ebay which had a missing poster, quick email to Nick at Arrow and a few days later one arrived gratis
I contacted Arrow regarding the posters for the standard edition BD and, to be honest, I'm not very happy with their response.

I should preface this by saying that, for me, it's not the end of the world that the standard edition is no longer coming with the poster!

Basically, Arrow said no, they won't be able to send the posters to those who have pre-ordered the standard edition because the posters are in Austria where the packages are manufactured and they "would have to ship all the posters here [the UK, presumably] and set up a process by which we could deal with them all and them [sic] communicate that to customers".

Fair enough, but the Arrow representative also said this:

"At best I think our only solution would be to give the posters away with something else down the line".

This I have a problem with. Essentially what this means is that the poster I paid for by pre-ordering the standard BD of ZFE is now potentially going to be given to someone else!

As it stands, they must have hundreds, if not thousands, of posters sitting in a pressing plant in Austria. What a waste!
Daemonia and Criterion7 like this.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I can't disagree with your sentiments there, Robert. Whilst I'm saying that personally I'm not affected by this, I can understand he chagrin of those that are. Just in case I came across as some uncaring, heartless bastard.
Pete and robertzombie like this.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Exactly. The names you cite there are actually very well-known within cult film circles. People who don't know who they are probably don't know who Lucio Fulci is either and thus will probably only have a passing interest in the film as a curio from the video nasty era. The extras, I'm guessing, aren't aimed at people like that. They'll be aimed at the hardcore fanbase that are devotees of cult cinema. McGillivray is always fun to watch and listen to, very sardonic and dry, but I like his humour, and his sharp recollection of fine details from years past is always enlightening.
SFX is a mainstream mag and the review is for everyone not just the people who know cult films. So the comment actually makes sense.

There are a lot of people who like the zombie films and make pick this up because of that and know little about those names or what they did.

I was a journalist. His comment was correct, he's reviewing for the general public. Great review by SFX

Just my Opinion
Old 27th November 2012, 03:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
I contacted Arrow regarding the posters for the standard edition BD and, to be honest, I'm not very happy with their response.

I should preface this by saying that, for me, it's not the end of the world that the standard edition is no longer coming with the poster!

Basically, Arrow said no, they won't be able to send the posters to those who have pre-ordered the standard edition because the posters are in Austria where the packages are manufactured and they "would have to ship all the posters here [the UK, presumably] and set up a process by which we could deal with them all and them [sic] communicate that to customers".

Fair enough, but the Arrow representative also said this:

"At best I think our only solution would be to give the posters away with something else down the line".

This I have a problem with. Essentially what this means is that the poster I paid for by pre-ordering the standard BD of ZFE is now potentially going to be given to someone else!

As it stands, they must have hundreds, if not thousands, of posters sitting in a pressing plant in Austria. What a waste!
This is the point that I thought most people would be upset by. If they'd pre-ordered the blu-ray expecting to get a poster, it's not exactly fair for Arrow to now say they can't have it.

Irrelevant of whether you care about the poster or not - if you agree to pay a sum of money for a product, you'd want everything you were promised would you not? And if the company failed to deliver, you'd expect them to either make good on what was originally promised to you or make some sort of goodwill gesture to the customer.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:10 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
This is the point that I thought most people would be upset by. If they'd pre-ordered the blu-ray expecting to get a poster, it's not exactly fair for Arrow to now say they can't have it.

Irrelevant of whether you care about the poster or not - if you agree to pay a sum of money for a product, you'd want everything you were promised would you not? And if the company failed to deliver, you'd expect them to either make good on what was originally promised to you or make some sort of goodwill gesture to the customer.
Precisely.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't know why they did not just stuff the poster behind the artwork on the outside of the case - I thought they already did this for one of their previous releases (it was either Day of the Dead or City of the Living Dead).

To be honest, I am more worried about the steelbook - it does not take all that much to bust those clips and if it's as jam packed as they suggest, I'm not sure that the steelbooks can take it, if a standard plastic case cannot. Once those clips go, a steelbook cannot close properly; a plastic case pretty much can though.
Old 27th November 2012, 03:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
So that slapping sound I heard was the collective sound of several cult labs members going . . .
Good god! Are we becoming emphaphetic telepaphs!
Old 27th November 2012, 03:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

If the poster was announced as part of the package and they are pretty much telling there customers "tough luck" without trying to give some sort of goodwill gesture than thats just bad customer service. Telling someone that they may get the poster if they buy another Arrow product down the road really isn't right.

Someone can correct me if I have gotten some of the details wrong but that sounds horrid.

If I ended up getting this one it would be the edition that has it all, however if I had pre-ordered the regular and it was advertised with poster and then was later told I would not be getting it I would be peeved.

Again, if I mixed up any details let me know but as it sounds from the last couple of posts..thats just not right.
robertzombie likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!