Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2012, 03:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
My copy of The Dark Knight Rises took 9 days to arrive from Amazon.co.uk, it's Xmas, calm down!
That irrelevant, I ordered something from Amazon on Saturday and it arrived yesterday.
Daemonia likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th December 2012, 04:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That irrelevant, I ordered something from Amazon on Saturday and it arrived yesterday.
It's relevant, evidence of the Xmas post...
Old 12th December 2012, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's clearly lost because RTZ's has arrived and he's in Sweden, I'm up the M1 from Arrow HQ
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th December 2012, 04:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

I just sent them an e-mail to ask If they've sent it
Old 12th December 2012, 09:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default zombie vs shark

got the blu ray steel book, well impressed by this release
Rik likes this.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't think I can recall a release that hasn't divided opinions, it seems we're all mightily happy with this, fair play to Arrow
Old 12th December 2012, 11:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I don't think I can recall a release that hasn't divided opinions, it seems we're all mightily happy with this, fair play to Arrow
And the price, expected to pay round £18 for dvd and £20-25 for the Blu... Nice to see the blu steelie for £15 and a £11 dvd, that's much more like it.
Old 13th December 2012, 05:27 AM
Cultist

Quote:

Except for the weird jumpcut in the beginning of the film! Why is that? What went wrong?
Old 13th December 2012, 06:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Got mine today!

After struggling with the most bizarre packing ever (so many layers and glue!), I finally reached the center, and with it, Zombie Flesh Eaters. A great package, with a bursting case (literally bursting. If I put the booklet on top of the poster instead of vice versa, it won't shut.), and a huge booklet.

I dedicated the whole day to watching all the special features. Well except 2. I didn't watch the Q&A, because, as usual with the things, I can't make out a bloody thing they're saying! I wish they'd include subtitles on these. And I also passed on the Ian McCulloch? feature, as I felt I've heard it all before with the BU commentary, and the mans voice nearly puts me to sleep. Will watch it some other time probably.

First up, the introduction. It felt.... Odd. As someone put it earlier, like someone put a gun to the heads of his family and forced him to do. He even looks like he's squirming, and has a very unfortunate look on his face. The trailers were nice, all great quality, except the VIPCO one, which in tradition with the label, looked appualing.

The Easter eggs were good, with an extra little scene with De Rossi, and a rather funny review from McCulloch. I also liked the 8 minute Zombi Holocaust German trailer, which basically starts with the deleted scene, then plays a familiar trailer for the movie.

I watched all of the 3 intros, of which Zombie and Zombi 2 looked great and authentic, but I have a feeling the Zombie Flesh Eaters title might be a cop out, as the font looked suspiciously like the font Arrow uses for everything, menus, spines, intros and so on. Plus I also has the strange white grain in ZFE, but in none of the others.

The Di Rossi feature about his effects on six films of his, was FANTASTIC! I've always loved effects in movies, it's been quite an interest of mine. Great coverage of the movies, except that he barely remembers Burial Grounds. Fascinating seeing all the old props, like the pokers from HBTC, and the famous breast hooks from Cannibal Ferox.

The Script feature was interesting, but too short! I wish there was more about the changes and writing of it, maybe even the full script would have been awesome.

Not quite finished Romero to Rome, but surely the definitve Italian zombie documentary, going from the start with the old black and white ones, to Night and Dawn, then straight into all the Italian ones, with great footage and facts.

Haven't actually watched the movie yet, but I took a quick look for comparison at the opening New York boat scene, a particularly troublesome scene on my BU Blu ray, in which the scene was waxy and plagued with grain in the skies and helicopter shots, and WOW! The Arrow release is perfect! All the natural grain is there, along with the details, leaving a perfect combination with just the right amount of grain in the sky, and detail on the boat.

A truly superb release, and will write about the booklet, and rest of the movie hopefully tomorrow.

TOP JOB ARROW!!

Now maybe if you could release Burial Grounds and Zombie Holocaust...

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 13th December 2012, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post

Now maybe if you could release Burial Grounds
Yes, but under it's proper title of THE NIGHTS OF TERROR. Hate the way everyone refers to it under it's US title.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!