Thanks Steve. I agree with you. This is the scene as it should play out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5O...e_gdata_player
Old 23rd December 2012, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob View Post
Thanks Steve. I agree with you. This is the scene as it should play out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5O...e_gdata_player
yeah, it still doesent bother me. It wasnt something I ever noticed and I doubt it'll keep me up nights.
Old 24th December 2012, 12:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

If I want to watch the missing six seconds of boat action I'll watch the beginning of either my Shriek Show or Blue Underground DVDs.I really don't feel it's essential to the film.
Old 24th December 2012, 12:48 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It is a bit odd though, especially since the release was sourced from the original negative

Doesn't bother me though if I'm honest although it means that the Anchor Bay Box of the Banned version remains the only true uncut UK release
Old 24th December 2012, 06:48 AM
Cult Addict

Previous releases (prior to the shriekshow release) i've seen missed the bit where after getting caught on the boat by the cop, tisa farrow turns and says 'seeya' a second time. Never understood why that bit had been missed, not that it ever effected my enjoyment of the film.

Considering the 99.9% of the film that looks astonishing and knocks the blue underground release out the water I can actually live without a few seconds of a boat crossing a camera.

I'm not arrows greatest fan at the moment, the xmas deliverly debacle that almost saw all my discs seized by junkies kind of soured my attitude towards them, but I still think this release is the best yet. (I still have the shriek show release though as their documentary is the last word on the movie)
Old 24th December 2012, 08:32 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob View Post
well me for starters. sorry to bring a bit of a downer for everyone but the fact that there has been an authoring fault here and the opening shot of the boat in front of the NYC skyline that open the film has always been there for the 20+ years that i've been watching this film. instead the film just starts halfway with a close up of the side of the boat and the ropes. the fact that Arrow have delivered a top notch transfer and excellent packaging (well done by the way, really impressed) is not a bargining chip here. If it's 6 seconds today, it's 10 seconds on the next release, then 20 seconds on the one after....

We need to let Arrow know so they can investigate it and ensure the issue is rectified for future releases

waiting to see if Arrow are aware of this issue and if they will replace the discs
Hi guys,i think i was first to notice this and put it up on the forum,and im sorry but niggles me
Old 27th December 2012, 08:16 PM
Cult Rookie

My steelbook arrived today, not tested out the movie yet but I am sure it will look amazing, the booklet was insightful and the package did come with the double sided poster. As for the art of the steelbook I think its incredible, usually steelbooks I find are quite bland but this one is one of the if not best I have ever seen.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finally broke into my set last night. All was fine till I reached the penultimate chapter where it froze up and wouldnt play. Tried fast forwarding past it, or selecting it from the scene selection menu, but it freezes every time I'll give it another spin tonight, hopefully it was a temporoary glitch with my player or something . . .
Old 27th December 2012, 11:13 PM
Active Cultist

Still on the boat footage debate eh?

If it really bothers you that much, you have my deepest sympathy. For which reason is for you to decide.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolahrock View Post
Still on the boat footage debate eh?

If it really bothers you that much, you have my deepest sympathy. For which reason is for you to decide.
And why not? 6 seconds is 6 seconds. Arrow haven't bothered to respond to anyone's comments about it. If It was 6 seconds of say, the eyeball splinter scene that were missing, it would be a different story then from everyone. No pussyfooting around here, it's a ****up.
robertzombie likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!