Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
And? The theatrical cut can often be supperior to the directors cut, the list there is to huge to thathom. Are we all getting so OTT at the absence of the the ships hull?
To me it's not the absence of the ships hull but what you can see in that absence. It's clearly an establishing shot of New York which is ruined. Like I said before it doesn't matter overall as we know where the film is set but its obviously been shot and cut like that for that very reason.

Again I am so glad the film got an excellent HD release and its by far the best version out there but it's still a shame this cock up occurred.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
And? The theatrical cut can often be supperior to the directors cut, the list there is to huge to thathom. Are we all getting so OTT at the absence of the the ships hull?
Please accept this, my friend: most of us don't care WHAT is missing. That FACT that something IS missing - that's the problem.

If you don't mind - fine. It doesn't change the fact that this version of Zombie Flesh Eaters is incomplete and therefore "tainted".

Lucio Fulcio included those six seconds in the final movie, so it should be there. Period.

Greetings!
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:10 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Didn't realise you know better than Fulci. And again, I don't care what the missing footage is, that's unimportant.
I'm not saying I know better than Fulci, this is all just my opinion. I just don't GET what the fuss is about. I hope you guy's get the remastered disk you want, and i'll happily sign a petition to bulk out the numbers, but in all honesty, I just don't care is 6 seconds of a ship are missing...and before you get it, yes, if it was a different scene I would probably have a different opinion. If this make's me a hypocrite then fine, i'm a hypocrite.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:18 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm not saying I know better than Fulci, this is all just my opinion. I just don't GET what the fuss is about. I hope you guy's get the remastered disk you want, and i'll happily sign a petition to bulk out the numbers, but in all honesty, I just don't care is 6 seconds of a ship are missing...and before you get it, yes, if it was a different scene I would probably have a different opinion. If this make's me a hypocrite then fine, i'm a hypocrite.
I don't think it makes you a hypocrite. I think this issue divides people into two camps. People who think the whole thing should be preserved as per the directors original intention (or at least how the film went out originally) Vs people who would only be bothered about missing footage if they personally think its important. I just think the latter stance is tricky as how do you judge if its important? If every establishing shot in the film was removed or trimmed would that be a big deal? If some scenes cut off too early but all the dialogue was intact would that matter? I'm not sure where you'd draw the line but I think it would be before disrupting the films narrative as narrative isn't the only important thing in a film
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Maybe Arrow choosed to remove those first seconds simply because the two towers isn't there anymore? So they thought "nah, they won't notice it".

Old 2nd January 2013, 11:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I don't think it makes you a hypocrite. I think this issue divides people into two camps. People who think the whole thing should be preserved as per the directors original intention (or at least how the film went out originally) Vs people who would only be bothered about missing footage if they personally think its important. I just think the latter stance is tricky as how do you judge if its important? If every establishing shot in the film was removed or trimmed would that be a big deal? If some scenes cut off too early but all the dialogue was intact would that matter? I'm not sure where you'd draw the line but I think it would be before disrupting the films narrative as narrative isn't the only important thing in a film
That is exactly the reason why I won't accept Hawkmonger's "I don't care" attitude.*

Greetings!

PS: * That's not meant as a personal attack! No offence, Hawk!
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Take action people,or not..
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:25 AM
Cult Addict

It's all fair enough, I just consider something unimportant when it play's no role in a narrative.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can good points in all the arguments here, but we have to look at the excuse the pun big picture here. Arrow have said it's an authoring mistake and really should have been spotted it wasn't. Now looking at this i just don't think Arrow have the funds some of the bigger labels have so i think for now we have to accept it, if not get the BU release as it is still a very nice looking transfer and has the film complete.
Arrow now need to look at their authoring staff and decide if more expert minded people should be brought in.............i know of one personally and he would i think have no problem helping out.

PS
Can anyone tell me by PM if necessary why Arrow left this forum?
doolahrock likes this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
It's all fair enough, I just consider something unimportant when it play's no role in a narrative.
And yet you like The Room, a whole hour and twenty minutes of "unimportance"

Like this? Share it using the links below!