Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2013, 01:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It does make me cautious about he Bava releases now. Ultimately I can live with the ZFE disc although would take a replacement if possible but if the Bava stuff also has authoring errors of "a few frames" which will only be fixes on future editions then what's the point in having the Limited Editions?
Old 4th January 2013, 01:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Bloody hell, that was quick! Here's their reply

Hi Richard

I am afraid we will not be running a replacement programme, we are very frustrated that this error was introduced by the seamless branching but there isn’t anything we can do about it at this stage. I can only apologise profusely. I hope you are enjoying the disc nonetheless.

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco must be a comedian, because that is a ****ing joke!
That is disgraceful. Fair enough, some people aren't arsed about the missing footage but some are and this is a real kick in the face to those who preordered the disc or got it soon after it came out.
Old 4th January 2013, 01:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Judging by the email I've just recieved from Arrow(see my last post on the previos page), they aren't bothering with a replacement program.
I'm gonna wait until the Bava's have been reviewed and analysed for any errors before I order them, no way I'm spending £36 on 2 faulty LE's!
robertzombie likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th January 2013, 01:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The thing is I have always been forgiving of them when mistakes were made because they were acknowledged and rectified promptly even when they weren't Arrows fault (THBTC disk issue). This shows a completely different view as far as customer service goes
Old 4th January 2013, 01:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Exactly, it really feels like a kick in the face from them.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th January 2013, 01:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The thing is I have always been forgiving of them when mistakes were made because they were acknowledged and rectified promptly even when they weren't Arrows fault (THBTC disk issue). This shows a completely different view as far as customer service goes
It seems they are going for the big buck now rather than quality customer care and collectible product. Its been looking like that for a while to me. The product not the customer care i mean.
Old 4th January 2013, 02:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think and i maybe wrong, they have shot themselves in the foot with the email saying future pressings of this disc will be fixed as from a legal point of view that is an admission that a fault exists on the current version so replacements should be issued on request.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...t/your-rights/
Old 4th January 2013, 02:16 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
So, apparently Arrow will be fixing it for future pressings, yet no mention of a replacement programme. That would be rather shit to put it mildly if so...

Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Zombie Flesh Eaters (Arrow Video)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
I think they will know this and i would be surprised if a replacement program is not announced very soon.
Calm down, people

You will probably get a nice, colour corrected version of 'The Beyond' instead!

*Yes - vodka talking, but also a bit upset at A***w due to the current situation!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
I think and i maybe wrong, they have shot themselves in the foot with the email saying future pressings of this disc will be fixed as from a legal point of view that is an admission that a fault exists on the current version so replacements should be issued on request.

Your rights - Understanding the Sale of Goods Act - Sale of goods - Which? Consumer Rights
The problem I can see is that it seems to deal with retailers mainly so in my case, It'd be HMV I'd have to deal with. Also, in this case at present there are no corrected copies and who knows when they will be in circulation.

I think in this case the first port of action should be something more public.
Old 4th January 2013, 02:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
The problem I can see is that it seems to deal with retailers mainly so in my case, It'd be HMV I'd have to deal with. Also, in this case at present there are no corrected copies and who knows when they will be in circulation.

I think in this case the first port of action should be something more public.
Like i say though they have said future releases of this disk will be fault free so it should not be a problem getting it swapped out, even at HMV.

Like this? Share it using the links below!