Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2013, 10:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

What a kick in the teeth for those of us who pre ordered.
There must be something we can do about this.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default grrrrr

annoyed
Old 8th January 2013, 08:16 AM
Cult Rookie

I e-mailed Arrow yesterday to ask if there would be a replacement disc or alternatively should I return the 'faulty' disc for the retailer for a refund and then re-buy the corrected version......The message was read immediately however No Reply Received!
Old 8th January 2013, 08:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansaw View Post
I e-mailed Arrow yesterday to ask if there would be a replacement disc or alternatively should I return the 'faulty' disc for the retailer for a refund and then re-buy the corrected version......The message was read immediately however No Reply Received!
nope, I e-mailed them a few days back and got ignored. Perhaps they think the problem will simply go away?
Old 8th January 2013, 08:41 AM
Cult Rookie

I am going to return the disc for a refund and then re-purchase once corrected. I think that this this is the logical way forward.
It is also short sighted of Arrow as it will ultimately be far more costly if everyone returned their discs for a refund than just issuing a replacement as they did historically with The Beyond.
To say nothing about the bad PR being generated around Arrow as a company by the issue.....
platostotal likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:02 AM
Cultist

Where does that leave folk who ordered the LE slipcase (only available) direct from Arrow? We can't return it to shops. What happens if there's issues with the LEs of future releases?

I'm not too bothered anyway, but if they were offering replacements (as well they should for those who're bothered, which TBH I don't think will be that many people), I'd probably take one - my main issue is with the abrupt cutting away of Frizzi's score!

It'd take alot more than this for me to give up on Arrow (just got the BU Blus of Prowler and Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, and the bare packaging and scant extras were a little depressing), especially with all the new Bavas coming out, I just wish they'd get their act together.
Linbro likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post

It'd take alot more than this for me to give up on Arrow (just got the BU Blus of Prowler and Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, and the bare packaging and scant extras were a little depressing), especially with all the new Bavas coming out, I just wish they'd get their act together.
I know what you mean about the sparseness of BU's packaging for their BD releases.I just got the BU BDs of House by the Cemetery and City of the Living Dead, and was quite surprised by that aspect of them.However, the transfers more than made up for that.
Old 8th January 2013, 01:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I know what you mean about the sparseness of BU's packaging for their BD releases.I just got the BU BDs of House by the Cemetery and City of the Living Dead, and was quite surprised by that aspect of them.However, the transfers more than made up for that.
Is there much of a difference between the BU and Arrow transfer regarding City of the Living Dead?
Old 8th January 2013, 01:21 PM
Cultist

I take it they're siginificantly better than Arrow's BD releases? I have both House and City on Arrow's DVD and they look good enough for me - I'm not that into Blu yet and don't quite understand the technical aspects, I just know what looks good to me, but after how lovely Arrow's ZFE looks I'm dying to get New York Ripper and the other big Fulcis on Blu from BU. I saw their ZFE playing in the States a couple of months back and thought it looked great too, definitely gives the film a different 'tone' (I actually kinda liked the EC comics vibe of the scarlet blood).

The Prowler didn't blow me away in terms of the BD presentation but I don't think it ever could. The Arrow release of The Funhouse (one of my fave films) didn't blow me away either - some US slashers from the period just don't seem to be meant for the BD spit'n'polish. I'd be curious to see how the Scream Factory Funhouse looks though!
Old 8th January 2013, 01:22 PM
Cult Addict

I'd be curious about City because frankly I can't watch the Arrow disc all the way through. The level of grain is ridiculous it's like watching the film in a damn blizzard.

Like this? Share it using the links below!