Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 09:06 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
They should at least be issuing free discs to anyone who ordered through them - how can they possibly be abusing the replacement offer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I've been observing this thread for a while and kept my opinion to myself but news that we as consumers have to pay for their mistake is absolutely disgusting and totally uncalled for, who do they think they are to get away with that?

Especially as they have record of everyone who has purchased their limited edition or used their site to purchase the other versions. It's just not on at all.

God I'm so angry right now and I don't ever get angry
Exactly this. I bought the LE slipcase from their site. They have records. They know who I am and exactly what I bought and where it was shipped.

There is no way in hell anyone who ordered direct should be expected to pay. To be honest nobody else should, but I can see how it could be abused if bought elsewhere. I also bought a steely from Amazon. I'm not expecting this to be replaced, but I'm damn sure expecting the one bought from themselves to be replaced free of charge.

Email going off to them now explaining this fact. I demand a replacement and I will not be paying for it.

I fear this could quite easily be the end of Arrow.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Exactly this. I bought the LE slipcase from their site. They have records. They know who I am and exactly what I bought and where it was shipped.

There is no way in hell anyone who ordered direct should be expected to pay. To be honest nobody else should, but I can see how it could be abused if bought elsewhere. I also bought a steely from Amazon. I'm not expecting this to be replaced, but I'm damn sure expecting the one bought from themselves to be replaced free of charge.

Email going off to them now explaining this fact. I demand a replacement and I will not be paying for it.

I fear this could quite easily be the end of Arrow.
Exactly my feelings on this. I'm going to send an email in the morning when I've calmed down
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th January 2013, 09:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
OK this is going to get me flamed i know...........i have just pre ordered the replacement for £5. The reason i am going to give is this, i think IMHO that Arrow might be struggling and basically can not afford to replace these discs without them getting in real financial trouble and at the cost of jobs and one of the last great indi labels if this spreads further. Just my opinion but i am going to support them as i love film of this type and i would hate to loose it.

As i say this is IMHO.
Yeah that was my thought too
Nordicdusk and tele1962 like this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:11 PM
Cult Addict

I'm not saying you're wrong but you'd think if they really had the wolves at the door they wouldnt be announcing what a wonderful year they've got lined up for us. They've even been asking on Facebook if they'd get support from customers if they decided to do another major restoration job on a "riskier title".
Old 8th January 2013, 09:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah that was my thought too
Thanks Paul, as i say i spoke to them last week mate and i was able to speak to human being who you could tell loved film as much as us and new they had a problem. They are people doing a job the same as us but do not always get it right but do their best and for this i support them.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
OK this is going to get me flamed i know...........i have just pre ordered the replacement for £5. The reason i am going to give is this, i think IMHO that Arrow might be struggling and basically can not afford to replace these discs without them getting in real financial trouble and at the cost of jobs and one of the last great indi labels if this spreads further. Just my opinion but i am going to support them as i love film of this type and i would hate to loose it.

As i say this is IMHO.
I believe this might be the case, at least them not wanting to spend any more money than they have to, and this is for Arrow, not you ........I don't care! If they had an ounce of sense and did it right to begin with, they wouldn't be in this position now. That's it, keep digging that hole for yourself Arrow, you soon won't be able to get out of it.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Damn I don't know what to do now. Buy the damn disc before its sold out or wait and hope they will eventually just give in and give it for free, which they may never do and then I ever have the damn thing. Damn u Arrow u are really not helping my OCD right now!
Old 8th January 2013, 09:21 PM
Cult Addict

Speaking of facebook this'll make you chuckle. A couple of months back when they were still teasing about how awesome their Zombie release was going to be I enquired about the possibility of including a surround sound remix. I was told and I quote "no we're not fond of remixes. Our policy is 'we don't make the picture fit your tv screen and we don't make the sound fit your system. Original sound, original ratio whenever possible'". Now what about original running time?? And as for original sound whenever possible, while I personally always like the option of a surround mix, was City of the Living Dead originally shown in cinemas with Dolby7.1?
Old 8th January 2013, 09:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:

As i say this is IMHO.
No offence mate but imho this is the very reason consumers get shat on these days because the companies think they can get away it where people will fall for any old sob story and that we should all be grateful to this wonderful company who are selling us these films.

What is the actual cost of a replacement Blu-ray to this company, I'm not sure but I will be willing to bet it's nowhere near a fiver.

Hopefully someone will send them a challenge using the Sale of Goods Act because I refuse to be held to ransom by the threat of their staff losing jobs or them going under, the sympathy card doesn't work on me, sorry about that.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:23 PM
Cult Master

It would be terrible to see them in financial trouble over a mistake. Im still over the moon with my copy six seconds missing or not. Personally id miss them big time if they were gone. I can understand that things have not been running smooth for a while but i think they will set all that right and get back on track soon. I really hope they do have a great 2013 and we will in turn have a great year with some great titles planned. Lets hope for their own sake they dont make anymore mistakes in the future because i dont think they can afford to.
tele1962 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!