Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2013, 07:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolahrock View Post
I wonder how many copies they have sold and would therefore need to replace? Anyone have any vague ideas on numbers?
4000 Steelbooks alone. Maybe 400 slipboxes. No idea about unlimited. I'm probably going to guess 2000, but I have no idea.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th January 2013, 07:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The thing is a lot of people clearly aren't bothered and while they might possibly take up a replacement programme if they've just got to forward a shipping email I doubt they'd bother if they had to return their disc first. I bet that would really cut down on a hell of a lot of people.
Daemonia and Hugh like this.
Old 9th January 2013, 08:28 AM
Cult Addict

As I'm now out of work I can't really AFFORD to pay for this replacement, it sounds daft but my only income at the minute is amazon sales and thats beginning to dry out. If a job (that I can afford to do) isn't forthcoming soon I may have to drop it all and sign on (the last thing I want to do) Right now that fiver is looking like a lot of money to me!
Old 9th January 2013, 09:10 AM
Cult Addict

It's a bit Monty Python this whole business strategy they got going on isn't it. Could just imagine a sketch with John Cleese taking something back to the store and Eric Idle asking him for more money to replace it.
Susan Foreman and platostotal like this.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

That's ridiculous! Sell a faulty product to customers and then charge them an additional £5.00 for an unfaulty, corrected product! It really is like something out of a comedy sketch show!
Old 9th January 2013, 10:09 AM
Active Cultist

They've changed their minds and are now offering a free exchange.

Wonder if they got a call from the Law!
Old 9th January 2013, 10:11 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
They've changed their minds and are now offering a free exchange.

Wonder if they got a call from the Law!
Was only a matter of time really
Daemonia likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:11 AM
Active Cultist

Arrow Films & Video
***ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS UPDATE***

Firstly , we would like to thank all of our customers who purchased any Arrow title. Without our customers and fans of what we do, we wouldn’t have a business and would never take that for granted. However, we also ask you to bear in mind that we spend considerable sums on all elements of each release. For Zombie Flesh Eaters, the restoration was one of our most expensive projects to date. We did all we could to make this edition perfect and special and it was 9 months of production time and a huge amount of money in the making. It is incredibly frustrating that anything may have gone amiss that would have tarnished our customers enjoyment of the release.

The idea behind the £5 replacement disc programme on ZFE was not for commercial gain but was conceived for 2 reasons. Firstly as a company with few number of employees it was a way of facilitating the replacement programme without the administrative need to handle each enquiry internally. Secondly, we ran a replacement programme on The Beyond that was systematically abused, we wanted to avoid this situation again.

On reflection, we can certainly see how the £5 plus postage could irk someone who had purchased the product at full price, especially as a pre-order. We would like to apologise therefore for this ill-conceived programme.

We will offer anyone who has purchased any of the Zombie Flesh Eaters Blu Ray releases a free replacement of the disc on receipt of their original disc. We will provide details of where to send the disc very shortly. Anyone who has purchased a disc will receive a refund.

Thanks again for your continued custom

Arrow Film
Daemonia, Mojo, Rik and 7 others like this.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

well they have done a complete 180 now from there latest Facebook post, just hope this doesn't effect them so they take a big loss and have to close, just have to wait and see what scheme will be used for replacements.

this is what should of been done in the first place how they ever thought they could get away with charging people is beyond me. might be a wake up call for better quality check of products before they are sent out.
Old 9th January 2013, 10:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Huzzah !!!
Great news. It had to happen.

Like this? Share it using the links below!