Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2013, 06:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Arrow seem to be a bit of a shambles at the moment. I'm not holding out much hope of an efficient replacement program.
I just hope they don't disappear because of this.

Q2, and now 3, sound very promising, but the fact that the next 2 titles have been delayed, and they only have softcore, some cut to get them through the next bit is a bit worrying. One of the Q2 announcment just became a Q3 announcment.

Maybe they should just announce Q2 now, before they lose potential customers.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th January 2013, 07:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I just hope they don't disappear because of this.

Q2, and now 3, sound very promising, but the fact that the next 2 titles have been delayed, and they only have softcore, some cut to get them through the next bit is a bit worrying. One of the Q2 announcment just became a Q3 announcment.

Maybe they should just announce Q2 now, before they lose potential customers.
I think they lost a few potential customers already! I'm probably a fool given the treatment I recieved over the last month or so, but I still have my pre-orders in place for the ltd edition bava discs. Like ZFE I doubt if they will sell out, its more to do with my ocd of having actual slipcases to match my other discs as it was with ZFE. Mark my words though, I'm getting fairly familiar with the kino releases and if the arrow ones are substandard then its where me and them part company. Sure i'll pick stuff up second hand but at the minute i'm getting no offers of work, even fior the job making pizzas at dominos, the one interview I got involved m not getting any pay at all until I started selling stuff door-to-door (and I don't want to end up like willy loman). So my income is going to be too limited to deal with companies that want to dick me around.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I think they lost a few potential customers already! I'm probably a fool given the treatment I recieved over the last month or so, but I still have my pre-orders in place for the ltd edition bava discs. Like ZFE I doubt if they will sell out, its more to do with my ocd of having actual slipcases to match my other discs as it was with ZFE. Mark my words though, I'm getting fairly familiar with the kino releases and if the arrow ones are substandard then its where me and them part company. Sure i'll pick stuff up second hand but at the minute i'm getting no offers of work, even fior the job making pizzas at dominos, the one interview I got involved m not getting any pay at all until I started selling stuff door-to-door (and I don't want to end up like willy loman). So my income is going to be too limited to deal with companies that want to dick me around.
If you're a fool, then I guess I'll hope on the ship of fools! I've still got mine, I just hope I actually get them, and not have to send another email telling them I actually ordered the product.

The opposite to your situation, I actually got my first job just a few days ago, working the register at a chemist, and on my second day today, I had to work 9-5!!

At least I'll have money coming in soon.
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th January 2013, 09:47 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
If you're a fool, then I guess I'll hope on the ship of fools! I've still got mine, I just hope I actually get them, and not have to send another email telling them I actually ordered the product.

The opposite to your situation, I actually got my first job just a few days ago, working the register at a chemist, and on my second day today, I had to work 9-5!!

Its been 3 weeks now since i put in my arrow order im getting fed up now got an email last friday saying i should have them already ill have to try again when i get home from work its a joke now. I wanted to keep ordering direct but im turned off now big time my first order only took 5 days
Old 16th January 2013, 06:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

Good to hear australias got jobs. Theres very little in the uk at the minuite and with HMV and various other institutions in trouble (including blockbuster the company that just made me redundant) the jobs market is pretty bleak....

Im actually pondering if its worth knocking a small 8-minute ghost story script together and seeing if I can get the local film company to get me grant/support to make it...

As for Arrow, well given the recent string of disasters its worth them taking their customers seriously. I dont want to see any more companies going under and I think they went into this with the best intentions.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sorry for the negativity, but for a company that galvanizes on spending 9 months of production time and a huge amount of money to make this edition perfect... to release and incomplete print just means one thing...lack of quality control.

Maybe Arrow can work the other way around and refund us for £5 for advertising an uncut edition that is actually cut.

I like when they justify their move as anything but commercial gain:
"The idea behind the £5 replacement disc programme on ZFE was not for commercial gain but was conceived for 2 reasons. Firstly as a company with few number of employees it was a way of facilitating the replacement programme without the administrative need to handle each enquiry internally. Secondly, we ran a replacement programme on The Beyond that was systematically abused, we wanted to avoid this situation again."

01- 5£ from us saves an employee to do an administrative handle... so, one less task and more to gain from the employer.
02- 5£ may justify the abused The Beyond replacement programme.

What´s not to gain with all this...

Last edited by springjack; 16th January 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:56 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Sorry for the negativity, but for a company that galvanizes on spending 9 months of production time and a huge amount of money to make this edition perfect... to release and incomplete print just means one thing...lack of quality control.
And then people saying we're all pathetic for moaning at not getting the complete film! That annoys me just as much as the missing footage.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:49 AM
Active Cultist

Still not word from Arrow on the replacement programme...
Old 17th January 2013, 02:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
Still not word from Arrow on the replacement programme...
Do you really think there'll be one? They may do a u-turn, declare there's nothing wrong with the disc, and then quietly release the corrected version to retailers. I know, I'm a born cynic.
Old 17th January 2013, 03:10 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
...and then quietly release the corrected version to retailers
What retailers? With HMV and Blockbuster going, what is going to be left??????????

Quote:
I know, I'm a born cynic.
Born cynic?

Mr. Monia - you are still in the playground when it comes to being a cynic

I see your cynicism, and raise you a bitch-queen!
Daemonia and Hawkmonger like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!