Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2013, 12:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think it's worth pointing out that the Jones/Thrower commentary talks extensively about the opening shots and how the boat drifts into view, saying that it's almost a homage to Murnau's Nosferatu. So, you see, those 6 seconds are quite important from a critical standpoint.
Old 19th January 2013, 12:10 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I think it's worth pointing out that the Jones/Thrower commentary talks extensively about the opening shots and how the boat drifts into view, saying that it's almost a homage to Murnau's Nosferatu. So, you see, those 6 seconds are quite important from a critical standpoint.
Classic!
Daemonia likes this.
Old 19th January 2013, 08:15 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Fantastic! Oh god I wish I'd listened to the commentary before debating with the Facebook bores yesterday.
Daemonia likes this.
Old 19th January 2013, 09:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
They're not printing 500 new disc, we're looking 4500 minimum.

500 limited, 4000 steelbook, and however many unlimiteds
What I meant by that is the majority of people who bought it don't frequent forums or have Arrow on their FB, they just buy the film, probably because it's a blast from the past etc. The number of people signing up for a replacement is going to number a few hundred, I can't see it ever surpassing 1000.
Steel76 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
What I meant by that is the majority of people who bought it don't frequent forums or have Arrow on their FB, they just buy the film, probably because it's a blast from the past etc.
Yeah, most of my friends who love these kinds of movies don´t use forums at all. I´m usually the one who gives them info about coming movies, or they just check future releases at the webshops etc. This might also be the reason why the Limited Edition of ZFE havn´t sold out, because the release have gone under the radar for most people that don´t visit these kind of sites and forums.
Old 20th January 2013, 04:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Silly question but will we have to send back the whole package,or just the offending blu ray disc and do we have to pay the £5,which i am not bothered about.
Old 20th January 2013, 04:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfe1970 View Post
Silly question but will we have to send back the whole package,or just the offending blu ray disc and do we have to pay the £5,which i am not bothered about.
Just the disc - and if you're not bothered you can send me the £5.
Daemonia, Rik and robertzombie like this.
Old 20th January 2013, 04:25 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfe1970 View Post
We no longer have to pay the £5. It's not known whether we are to send back just the disc or the whole package, but it's expected to be just the disc. We are still waiting on Arrow.

By the way, did anyone spot that ZFE was on TV last night. On Channel "Loaded TV" on channel "Controversial TV" Sky 200. They'd got the new Arrow print and it had the correct opening.

Arrow were able to supply the right film to them, but not us.
Old 20th January 2013, 04:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We no longer have to pay the £5. It's not known whether we are to send back just the disc or the whole package, but it's expected to be just the disc. We are still waiting on Arrow.

By the way, did anyone spot that ZFE was on TV last night. On Channel "Loaded TV" on channel "Controversial TV" Sky 200. They'd got the new Arrow print and it had the correct opening.

Arrow were able to supply the right film to them, but not us.
Thanks for the info
Old 20th January 2013, 10:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Have just started using the 'Film Aficionado' database, to keep track of my meagre, but growing, collection. When I added ZFE steelbook, it appeared on my list with (Edited) next to the title!
robertzombie likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!