Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2012, 12:52 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Thanks Eric that's cleared alot up for me. Do we know why some cast members were redubbed?
The dialogue was re-written (I have no idea why) but you have to redub the entire performance if the original dubbing actors aren't available.
Old 8th June 2012, 09:19 AM
Cult Rookie

Hi all,

Just registered and this is my first post!

Ive been trawling the net over the past few days trying to seek exact clarification on the differences with the audio on the bluray release and previous dvd/vhs versions and stumbled across this forum

I must have seen Demons around 100 times since I was a wee kid and can real out the dialogue off the back of my hand therefore I was taken back to hear that there are a number of differences with the audio with this new bluray release

I was just wondering if any fellow hardcore Demons fans could list all the changes? As daft as it sounds, even the smallest of changes will no doubt irritate me especially having grown up watching this awesome flick.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 8th June 2012, 09:40 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcub77 View Post
Hi all,

Just registered and this is my first post!

Ive been trawling the net over the past few days trying to seek exact clarification on the differences with the audio on the bluray release and previous dvd/vhs versions and stumbled across this forum

I must have seen Demons around 100 times since I was a wee kid and can real out the dialogue off the back of my hand therefore I was taken back to hear that there are a number of differences with the audio with this new bluray release

I was just wondering if any fellow hardcore Demons fans could list all the changes? As daft as it sounds, even the smallest of changes will no doubt irritate me especially having grown up watching this awesome flick.

Thanks in advance guys
As for dialogue changes it's mostly the old man who sits in front of Natasha Hovey that has a different dubbing actor. The other change in dialogue is between the punks in the car. I'm not sure if these are the same dubbing actors with different lines or different actors.
Other than that there are creepy atomosphere changes throughout the film and during the opening credits. It would be hard to pin point every single one, but as someone has mentioned in a earlier post that there is a comparision link.
DON'T let this stop you buying the film. It still is great and doesn't hinder the film. The pciture quality is the best I've ever seen it and I am a die hard Demons fan. There is also the subtitled version on the disk which uses the avatar uk sound, the one most of us in uk are used to.
Old 8th June 2012, 09:52 AM
Cult Rookie

Hey,

Many thanks for the reply

In your post you put "there are creepy atomosphere changes throughout the film and during the opening credits" Sorry to be a nuisance but can you expand on that point? Do you mean extra sound effects or they have altered the music in certain scenes?

I really hope there isn't a change to the opening credits, I love it how the word 'Demons' zooms into the screen with that weird creepy synth getting louder in the background

Thanks again !

Like this? Share it using the links below!