Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2012, 08:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Lucio fulci questions

I already own the beyond ' house by the cemetery ' city of the living dead & zombie flesh eaters all of witch I really enjoy now although they did take a couple of viewings to fully appreciate I've seen the shameless DVDs fulci box of terror etc any one have an opinion on these compared to his zombie films
Old 14th July 2012, 12:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

If you enjoyed Fulci's zombie flicks, I'd recommend you give The New York Ripper a watch.It's a thriller/slasher type movie with plenty of Lucio's trademark blood & gore.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th July 2012, 02:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
If you enjoyed Fulci's zombie flicks, I'd recommend you give The New York Ripper a watch.It's a thriller/slasher type movie with plenty of Lucio's trademark blood & gore.
Agreed. Total, gory classic. If you dig the crime elements of the story, I'd also recommend Contraband. Probably the most brutal Eurocrime film of them all, and that's saying something!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th July 2012, 09:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can only concur with these statements, to my mind you either "get" Fulci or you don't.....though this will lead to obssessional desire to have everything he made.....but then i am biased......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th July 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Rookie

Going to give new York ripper a try. Watched zombie flesh eaters for the 4th time last night you can really appreciate how different of a zombie film it really was
Old 14th July 2012, 08:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

My question is do you think he hated being rememberd for his 4 zombie films rather then his other films
Old 14th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
My question is do you think he hated being rememberd for his 4 zombie films rather then his other films
I wouldn't have thought so, no.I think his famous quartet of horror films gave his career a boost when he probably most needed it, and gave him an army of new fans that he was grateful for.Plus, the horror films were all lovingly-crafted productions from the music to the make-up fx.I think he would have been justifiably proud of them.
Old 15th July 2012, 02:13 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
No. The fact that whilst alive he often attended film festivals says to me that he enjoyed his notoriety. And I think those that met him would attest to this fact. He always seemed proud of his work. All of it.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 15th July 2012, 08:09 AM
Cult Rookie

all of fulci's 4 zombie movies stand up against any of romero's in my opinion im sure he would of been very proud of them , fulci's zombies actually look more like zombies than romeros imo (if thats what zombies would look like lol)
Crimson Blade likes this.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:42 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
all of fulci's 4 zombie movies stand up against any of romero's in my opinion im sure he would of been very proud of them , fulci's zombies actually look more like zombies than romeros imo (if thats what zombies would look like lol)
I'd recomend Manhattan Baby. Its a weird mix of a movie. Part Exorcist, part Amityville with the soundtrack taken from the Beyond. A great film tho. I think the Beyond and Fulci's zombie movies are great but I couldn't pick them over the original Dawn of the Dead.

Like this? Share it using the links below!