Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Amazon Review (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9125-amazon-review.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 16th July 2012 06:32 PM

Amazon Review

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: The House by the Cemetery (Arrow Video) Limited Edition [Blu-ray] [1981]

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2012 06:36 PM

?????

Why this post BOF? :confused:

Bringer Of Funerals 16th July 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 258007)
?????

Why this post BOF? :confused:

It was meant to go under the HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY reviews part and there is a review on there ripping Arrow a new hole proper lol.

doolahrock 17th July 2012 09:11 PM

I've just done something a bit mad and bought the BU version to compare it against the Arrow as I've never had the chance to compare the companies directly.

The reason I've done this is that the Arrow one looks a bit pish to me.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th July 2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 258287)
I've just done something a bit mad and bought the BU version to compare it against the Arrow as I've never had the chance to compare the companies directly.

The reason I've done this is that the Arrow one looks a bit pish to me.

The Arrow version has the very weird noise (I refuse to call it grain) in the daylight scenes, so the BU disc will be an improvement. :)

Nordicdusk 17th July 2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 258289)
The Arrow version has the very weird noise (I refuse to call it grain) in the daylight scenes, so the BU disc will be an improvement. :)

Is Arrow version not worth picking up then?

Slippery Jack 17th July 2012 09:55 PM

Dammit. I only just bought this in the Zavvi sale, You could've warned me sooner :doh: . . .

doolahrock 18th July 2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 258292)
Dammit. I only just bought this in the Zavvi sale, You could've warned me sooner :doh: . . .

Only just managed to give the disc a spin yesterday. Not had a look at the extras but for the price of the one in the Zavvi sale, might be worth it in any case.

doolahrock 18th July 2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 258291)
Is Arrow version not worth picking up then?

Will let you know the diagnosis when the BU one arrives. It's coming from the US so could well be a couple of weeks.

Slippery Jack 18th July 2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 258308)
Not had a look at the extras but for the price of the one in the Zavvi sale, might be worth it in any case.

Yeah true. Plus I'll probably make a profit if I decide to flog it on ebay :lol: . . .