Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Savage Streets Question (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9267-savage-streets-question.html)

Nimajneb 9th August 2012 11:45 AM

Savage Streets Question

Flicking though Amazon as do at work, and noticed that Savage streets, has one copy for sale at "£70", this got me confused. So checked ebay....nothing, Checked Arrow videos store, none on sale....

Why?? Im abit confused, i thought this wasnt a limited release??

Davy Bhoy 9th August 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimajneb (Post 264731)
Flicking though Amazon as do at work, and noticed that Savage streets, has one copy for sale at "£70", this got me confused. So checked ebay....nothing, Checked Arrow videos store, none on sale....

It was, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the biggest victime in the Arrow stock destroyed in the riots last year in England, and there are far fewer copies floating around. I don't think they had the rights to do much more than release it and sell that stock, it was never going to stay in print forever with Arrow, and the riots really destroyed the stock they did have. I'd love to knw how many survivnf copies there are.

I got mine on Amazon not that long ago, and there were quite a few on the Marketplace, but as you say the only one there now is 70 quid. My advice would be keep hecking that link, there may be someone selling it at some stage who doesn't know its scarcity. And f course, ebay is always worth checking.

PaulD 9th August 2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimajneb (Post 264731)

Arrow no longer have the rights for this film so no more copies will be pressed unfortunately.

Hawkmonger 9th August 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 264747)
Arrow no longer have the rights for this film so no more copies will be pressed unfortunately.

Is it true though that plenty of stock was damaged in the riot's last year?

Nimajneb 9th August 2012 01:10 PM

I see. Well you learn something new every day!! Though i do wish Arrow would tell us of roughly rare something is/how many they were allowed to print/if its an unlimited run. Would be nice to know, and then can also prioritize buying!

Splatterdragon73 9th August 2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy Bhoy (Post 264737)
My advice would be keep checking that link, there may be someone selling it at some stage who doesn't know its scarcity. And of course, ebay is always worth checking.

True and some high street retailers may still have copies lingering about on the shelves too imo. HMV for one maybe or you could try perusing the likes of CEX for a used copy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 264747)

It's quite surprising how quickly Arrow's SS went OOP and thank God i purchased two copies!:)

sawyer6 9th August 2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimajneb (Post 264755)
I see. Well you learn something new every day!! Though i do wish Arrow would tell us of roughly rare something is/how many they were allowed to print/if its an unlimited run. Would be nice to know, and then can also prioritize buying!

It was known a long time ago

Nimajneb 9th August 2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 264757)
It was known a long time ago

Well i learn something new everyday:tongue1:

sawyer6 9th August 2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimajneb (Post 264759)
Well i learn something new everyday:tongue1:

Likewise ;)

darthelvis 9th August 2012 03:53 PM

None on ebay at the moment but sure it will pop up.

Jason King 23rd August 2012 07:06 PM

If anyone in the Glasgow area is looking for a copy of the Arrow version of "Savage Streets" on DVD, FOPP in the city centre have one copy left going for £10. I saw it today (23rd Aug) in the A-Z DVD section.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd August 2012 07:17 PM

I'm going to bring my copy up on sunday. When The Arrow merchandise is being flogged, I'm going to see if anyone will give me £100 for my copy. :pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd August 2012 07:21 PM

It's 'Glesga'...flash that and Mo Farrah won't have a look in!:lol:

Jason King 23rd August 2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 268135)
I'm going to bring my copy up on sunday. When The Arrow merchandise is being flogged, I'm going to see if anyone will give me £100 for my copy. :pound:

Hmmm, don't give me any ideas lol!

Frankenhooker 30th August 2012 11:23 AM

There's a copy of this going on ebay for £19.99 with £1.99 postage. I'm half tempted to pick up another copy.

Eurosleaze 30th August 2012 04:16 PM

Why bother farting about buying the Arrow release at silly prices when the film and all the extras are available on a better transfer (with no NTSC-PAL conversion artifacts) for far less from several Scandinavian countries? Perhaps I'm missing something?

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th August 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurosleaze (Post 269708)
Why bother farting about buying the Arrow release at silly prices when the film and all the extras are available on a better transfer (with no NTSC-PAL conversion artifacts) for far less from several Scandinavian countries? Perhaps I'm missing something?

It's called collecting. I have 3 versions already, and will be buying the upcoming Scorpion dvd as well.

Eurosleaze 30th August 2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 269709)
It's called collecting.

Ah, completism. ;)

http://i49.tinypic.com/oiglrm.jpg

I'd understand it if the Arrow release was substantially better than all other releases in existence (or perhaps upgrading to BD for a film you like) but otherwise it just seems like a waste of money that could be put to better use seeing other films but ETTO.

Jason King 30th August 2012 04:39 PM

I don't know if that copy of the Arrow version I saw for a tenner in Fopp near Glasgow Central Station is still there or not, but I'm quite happy with my Arrow DVD. However if somebody wants to give me £100 for it, I'd gladly let it go :lol:
I won't hold my breath though!!!

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th August 2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason King (Post 269718)
I don't know if that copy of the Arrow version I saw for a tenner in Fopp near Glasgow Central Station is still there or not, but I'm quite happy with my Arrow DVD. However if somebody wants to give me £100 for it, I'd gladly let it go :lol:
I won't hold my breath though!!!

It's gone mate. Went on monday morning.

Jason King 30th August 2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 269719)
It's gone mate. Went on monday morning.

Did you grab it Stephen? I knew someone would snatch it if I posted the info on here :);)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th August 2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason King (Post 269720)
Did you grab it Stephen? I knew someone would snatch it if I posted the info on here :);)

Nope. Calum nabbed it :)

Jason King 30th August 2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 269722)
Nope. Calum nabbed it :)

Ah ha! I thought it would be either Calum or yourself who got it. He's got the upper hand as he's already in Glasgow... er, I mean Glesga! ;)

Nordicdusk 29th December 2012 09:33 PM

Going through the list of films i have left to pick up from Arrow i noticed that Savage Streets is OOP. The cheapest copy i found online is €30 not sure if its worth that or not i have never seen the film. Any advice worth it or not ?

Cheers

PaulD 29th December 2012 09:35 PM

I have a brand new sealed copy I'll sell for £25 if you're interested :)

Nordicdusk 29th December 2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 307003)
I have a brand new sealed copy I'll sell for £25 if you're interested :)

When i have to money i may take you up on that offer thank you very much. But if you can sell it else where go ahead you could be waiting awhile all the bill come in at the start of January :fear:

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th December 2012 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 307005)
When i have to money i may take you up on that offer thank you very much. But if you can sell it else where go ahead you could be waiting awhile all the bill come in at the start of January :fear:

Go for the two disc release from Scorpion Records. That came out this year. Its currently £15 but i would think prices will drop shortly.

Nordicdusk 29th December 2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 307011)
Go for the two disc release from Scorpion Records. That came out this year. Its currently £15 but i would think prices will drop shortly.

Cheers Dem.