Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond - Commentary (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9652-beyond-commentary.html)

ArgentoFan1987 4th October 2012 04:52 PM

The Beyond - Commentary

Just watched The Beyond and then again with the commentary with Catriona MacColl and David Warbeck. It was one of the funniest and most entertaining commentaries I have ever heard (although not the most informative :D). Brilliant!!!

Rik 4th October 2012 04:53 PM

Also one of the last things David Warbeck did too

ArgentoFan1987 4th October 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278886)
Also one of the last things David Warbeck did too

He mentiond treatment in a hospital a few times.did he die after it ?:(

PaulD 4th October 2012 05:23 PM

I really need to go through a lot of the commentaries on the Arrow discs. For some reason I often seem to neglect them even though I usually enjoy commentaries in films I like.

ArgentoFan1987 4th October 2012 05:43 PM

I'm watching Catriona MacColl's Q&A now and they've mentioned his death :( I'm sad to hear that as he was great in this film, but also a very, very funny person. R.I.P. mate :'(

I try to listen to as many Commentaries as possible, but I have more DVDs than God, so got a catch 22 going on.

Wes 4th October 2012 05:49 PM

I always love that bit of business in The Beyond when Warbeck and MacColl are backed into the lift, and Warbeck loads the gun by putting a slug down the barrell, which causes MacColl to crack a smile before Fulci cuts away... a lovely stolen moment by the two leads...

Beyond72 4th October 2012 07:32 PM

"David do I need to remind you, you haven't been paid yet"

3 Attachment(s)
Yea looks like they had a lot of fun filming The Beyond :)

(But then they do say Horror films are fun to make, unlike comedies for some reason.)

Wes 5th October 2012 07:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Those are great pics Dude...

ArgentoFan1987, I know what you mean about commentaries - I barely get time to watch the movie never mind running it thru a second time to hear the commentary, but here's an idea - what I do is I rip out the commentary track and listen to it as an mp3 (usually here in work) - it's a bit of a disembodied experience listening to the commentary without the picture but the best tracks are never screen specific anyway I find... I collect all my commentary mp3s on DVD-Rs so it's pretty easy to tune into one if need be...

Sobral 5th October 2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 279113)
...what I do is I rip out the commentary track and listen to it as an mp3 (usually here in work) - it's a bit of a disembodied experience listening to the commentary without the picture but the best tracks are never screen specific anyway I find...

Exactly what I do, better than having to be seated in front of the TV, this way I listen with to it when I go to bed. As you said, sometimes it's strange when they refer to a specific scene, but overall it's not bad.

PaulD 5th October 2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 279113)
Those are great pics Dude...

ArgentoFan1987, I know what you mean about commentaries - I barely get time to watch the movie never mind running it thru a second time to hear the commentary, but here's an idea - what I do is I rip out the commentary track and listen to it as an mp3 (usually here in work) - it's a bit of a disembodied experience listening to the commentary without the picture but the best tracks are never screen specific anyway I find... I collect all my commentary mp3s on DVD-Rs so it's pretty easy to tune into one if need be...

That is a fantastic idea! I am so going to do that.